Sachs 504 tuning

Mason Campbell /

Hey guys! Just got my 70cc kit running. Slapped a MLM side mounted intake with a dellorto SHA 15.15 carb. Stock jet is at 68. Running a 70 now. Need to purchase some lower jets for sure. But I need some tips from experienced tuners. Current problem- she bogs pretty badly at full throttle for the first like 10-20 mph. I up jetted at first to a 76-78 and it didn’t solve the issue, actually pretty sure it was worse.

Would you recommend down jetting? Or any tuning stuff I could try besides jetting.

Current top speed is about 40mph. Just want the power and a bit smoother and hopefully a higher top end.

Re: Sachs 504 tuning

play with jets, check for airleaks, and double check timing. Also make sure the decomp is plugged

Mason Campbell /

Yea I’ll check it out, and my decomp is plugged. That feels tight. My feeling is it’s too much fuel.

What exhause? What ignition timing?

Mason Campbell /

Unsure on the ignition timing. Still learning how to adjust and read the timing. But the exhaust is a Gianelli circuit pipe.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account