Piston is diffrent on 1 factory stock kit from another.

ive ordered a stock tomos 50cc factory cylinder and piston kit from Denny's llc and dont understand why the piston doesn't have windows. But treatland has the stock factory 50cc tomos cylinder and piston that has windows in the piston? Why is treats and Denny's selling factory cylinder for tomos and the piston doesn't have windows and the other does?? Anyone understands that help me understand! I don't want to loose torque without boost ports on a piston?

Re: Piston is diffrent on 1 factory stock kit from another.

Which year / model engine is the piston for? That will tell you if it has/needs windows or not. A35 has windows because it has a reed valve. Piston port A55 does not.

You can make the windows with a Dremel.

My 2004 sprint a35 has reed valve its the a52 case halves. I took the engine apart in 2018 my tomos mechanic said its original cylinder and piston and it had boost port windows on the piston.

So that probably explains why my engine has been running funny since i put a a35 dmp cylinder and piston in it and the piston doesn't have windows on the dmp kit. Damn

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account