A35 improvements always a +

Was waiting today on a whole new clutch to be delivered from mjy. And dennysllc package came. So took off stock exhaust and put on brand new expansion pipe. And brand new factory tomos 50cc iron kit. Been a good day.

IMG_20200406_195736.jpg

Re: A35 improvements always a +

Your fuel filter is on backwards .

You won't be able to see when it's getting clogged and the lesser amount of collection space dictates a shorter life .

Did you increase your main jet to compensate for the performance pipe?

never had any luck with the boss pipe on tomos. Bullet or biturbo for the win

Hope you jetted it or your in for a world of hurt.

am i the only one that is surprised the bars aren't flipped upside down?

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> am i the only one that is surprised the bars aren't flipped upside down?

I think there's a crossbar preventing that

53-57

What do you mean about the bars graham?

i turned the filter around 2 minutes after i read your comment pd. Thanks for telling me that. Thats how people talk to me that know me.

Yes mike went from the 53 to the 57 .

That sucks because i just bought it and put it on. Smh? Well this bike has had bullet and biturbo on it and i cook em in 3 to 6 months. I thought i would try the boss because its got less places to swell and cool. Only 3 rivets on the back of the baffle. And the pipe itself feels like its made solid. If i still get my mph like from the other cheepos ill keep it on.

Lol.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> mark barney Wrote:

> Well this bike has had bullet and biturbo on it and i cook em in 3 to 6 months.

What do you mean you cook them?

Also, please tell me you have routed your throttle cable since taking this photo.

The boss is a sturdier pipe for sure. I modified my last one a bit, but the performance was decent.

Thats my rear brake cable. Its a half foot to long i know. I don't have any fitting to cut it down. i keep forgetting to order the oem cable.

My right side pedal arm is hitting the pipe. Previous owner wrecked the rabbit and bent it! Im gonna remove the pedal during transmission work and lay the crank to flat surface smack it a time or two with a 5 lb sledge and bolt it back on so it can clear the pipe. Im gonna get a new set soon anyhow.

What made you cut and weld on the boss for? Was it to change performance or something else??

At the time nobody had boss pipes in stock so I bought a used puch boss and welded it to a tomos header. The boss header extends into the chamber which you can see in the first photo, getting rid of this helps performance, I also changed the header length a bit which seemed to help.

i don't have a way to cut and weld on my exhaust right now. So do you think ill still get improvements over the stock exhaust with the boss as is??

Sure, anything is better than the stock exhaust and it wont fall apart all the time like a biturbo.

thats what i noticed with the bitur+bullet thanks.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Woodscrew fixed that seperation problem for me.

Never thought of wood screws for baffle bolts! Crafty fix. And would keep the exhaust itself from rattling /moving.

> mark barney Wrote:

> What do you mean about the bars graham?

I think he is saying that all the cool kids have low bars on their bikes. Some are dumb and just flip the bars so they are way low instead of getting the real deal.

My old back cant take it anymore.

moped-army-232ab407e699821e6afd086a7eebdd8f.jpg

I would just buy bars with a low rise. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account