cylinder crack solution?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Horrid crack. In. Exhaust side . could I take a bite out leave the rest. Make it a ring friendly place .

Re: cylinder crack solution?

Take a bite out of crime?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Near base

There's these things called pictures omg they're awesome

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Iys 4mm in

Its round....

Don't tell me you never seen 1 before a crack that is. 2mm up from the base just dremel it out with a curve or sawwave. Match it on the otherside.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

just picture the issue jbot

With his so incredibly descriptive problem, it's like I can see it in depth. His words are like a tapestry it's a mosaic of fine details like an Afghan quilt

♣Slew Foot♣ /

My cameras have all been shit it is about 7 to 8 o'clock about 2.5 mm from the base but it's like 3.5 mm long. Its on an Athena. Tomos reed kit never really ran.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I mean I have tried the drill and fill before and it sucked grinding and rehoning the nickel iron weld. I would hack it all off but the piston could rock so I want to leave some support like semi circle cuts dovetail it. Is it feasible?

So I'm picturing a small stress crack and you think it may get big? I think you also talked about mabye dremel or stop drill of sorts? Is this on the nikasil bore? If u just gonna run it then take your chances and be your own engineer. I tend to take the cheap way out and fix my own problems and if it fails I learn from my mistakes and have to spend more money and time to fix. Pics would be cool

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account