Sachs 504 Airsal 70cc speed/power problems

Mason Campbell /

Hey guys me again...

Sachs 504, airsal 70cc, SHA 15.15 car, gianelli circuit pipe.

The night I first got it running with the stock 68 main jet in the carb, I was hitting speeds in the 40s easy. It had a second power band that it would hit with an audible rpm increase. That was with no tuning at all. Fast forward to now. After jetting down I lost speed. So I went back to 68 after trying a few jet sizes lower and higher and I am not getting close to hitting the same RPM as when I first got it running.

I ran a spray test and found RPM drop by the decomp plug and intake. I tightened the decomp and put a new gasket on the intake. Spray test is still giving me an RPM drop when I spray the decomp. I'm assuming this leading to my power decrease. What is the proper ID in the decomp and any ideas on how to get it plugged properly?

Re: Sachs 504 Airsal 70cc speed/power problems

Mason Campbell /

UPDATE- Just re ran the spray test and now the decomp isn't giving us a loss of RPM. And there still isn't that top end power that I had at first.

Wesley Ambrosini /

Drop a small ball bearing in the decomp and plug with a bolt

Mason Campbell /

> Wesley Ambrosini Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Drop a small ball bearing in the decomp and plug with a bolt

I’ll give that a try, but on my second spray test there wasn’t any signs of a leak. Any other ideas as to why I would have this loss of power?

Could be a bad seal.

> Maosn Campbell Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Wesley Ambrosini Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Drop a small ball bearing in the decomp and plug with a bolt

>

> I’ll give that a try, but on my second spray test there wasn’t any signs

> of a leak. Any other ideas as to why I would have this loss of power?

If you had a loss of power the first time you sprayed it, there’s a leak at the decomp, plug it up before going further.

Just because it didn’t happen to leak that second time, doesn’t mean it won’t leak again....it will.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account