My 2003 Kinetic TFR update.

Bruce Edwards /

Well, it's been awhile, and I don't have as many pictures of the modifications but it's up and running at approximately 13 1/2 to 1 compression. It's not even close to being broken in but it does run. I figure some nice warm weather and around 300 miles and then I can take it to the dyno for some initial hp numbers.

Re: My 2003 Kinetic TFR update.

Bruce Edwards /

Oh yeah, it has a modded DR 43 piston/sleeve, a seriously welded in and modded head (the decomposition plug is gone), a modded Dellorto 13.13 carb #60 jet (because I live at 5270' elevation), an Enco performance coil and a Techno Circuit Exhaust. The lightened clutch shoes haven't panned out yet. Any suggestions?

Bruce Edwards /

Decompression plug (damn spell check)

Yay TFR content! My suggestion is to reinforce and seam-weld the subframe XD

Bruce Edwards /

Good idea Maciek

Bruce Edwards /

Does anyone have any experience fitting lightened clutch shoes and springs on the Kinetic TFR moped? My friend tried but couldn't get them to work. He mentioned that it would require welding and a lot of modifying. Anyone actually do it?

It depends on the clutch you have. There are 3 versions.

Bruce Edwards /

How do I tell which of the 3 versions I have and if the Malossi versions of lightened clutch shoes and springs are sold by treats?

Bruce Edwards /

So far 60 miles on the updated 2003 Kinetic TFR. I have to baby it during break in but she wants to run but I can only let her trot. It pulls hard from 20 to 30 mph with plenty of throttle to go.

Bruce Edwards /

I'm so happy. I'm just breaking in this modded engine and it fired up after 4 kicks in 33 degrees. Mind you that's with 13 1/2 to 1 compression!

Bruce Edwards /

With a bit over 100 miles on this project it pulls hard at 35 mph with plenty to left.

Cmon man, I think we're all waiting on pictures.

Bruce Edwards /

Just so you guys know, I bought that super comfy seat with back rest shown above. I'm about making a utilitarian sleeper not speed.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

what do you mean "shown above"? there's no pictures in this thread

Bruce Edwards /

I don't understand Terry. I saw the ad on this thread. I have more trouble with this forum.

Luke Stroehlein /

The ads are specific to your personal search history.

I see no ads .

Bruce Edwards /

Wow, my moped now has enough miles on the new piston and sleeve that I feel comfortable pushing it. I had my girlfriend follow me and I was doing an easy 35+ mph with more to go using stock gearing. That has been my goal all along. 40 mph next! I'm going to get a smaller rear gear and a new belt as well as better rear shocks. Again, I'm interested in comfort and utility over speed. This town has only a few streets with 35 or 40 mph speed limits and plenty of cops ready to give tickets.

Mine is a Chevy ad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account