Seriously frustrated piston port frusration question needin help!

Should i be running a solid piston in my a35 with reed valve?? Or piston with boost windows?? Please help me define the difference and educate myself a little.

Re: Seriously frustrated piston port frusration question needin help!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Piston port can have boost holes in the piston.

Reeds have a 360° exhaust duration so the piston can have Windows.

Does it change horse power or torque?? Either or?

You’ll want a window piston for a reed kit. Yes more power

Look.

It's like this.

First off, you're not piston port, you're cylinder reeded.

You need to understand how your machine works. Gas and air is combined in the carburetor, it flows from the carburetor through the intake, through the reeds, then it has to get into the cases.

More fuel mix that gets into the cases more faster makes more power.

Well what stops or slows the mix from getting into the cases? Look into the intake past the reeds. Move the piston up and down in the bore and look at what's happening.

For a lot of time the piston actually blocks flow into the case. So we open a window to allow that mix to get into the cases that would have otherwise been blocked by piston wall.

Pretty simple stuff.

Thanks buttcheeksbuzza! It takes days to get things answered sometimes! Or not at all. You got back wit me quick. Thanks fella mopeder! Later

You explained it in detail thanks jbot. Now i don't have to ask again. ill store that in my brain stem for permanent knowledge! I get it extra gas+air mix helps rpm build torque /hp. I knew the solid piston felt poopy even running good just isn't like boost ports on pistons. Ty lata bradda.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account