2011 Tomos Streetmate R performance upgrade

Martin Hoisington /

Hello,

I just picked up a 2011 Tomos Streetmate R and it is in need of a new carb and exhaust. This is decent news for me as I realize these are some of the most common replacements to get more performance. I also want to replace the back sprocket and air filter to gain performance. If anyone could help me pick out parts that would be great as I do not really know what kind of parts I should get, links are great!! Thanks for your time!

-Marty

Re: 2011 Tomos Streetmate R performance upgrade

Overpriced Parts /

Large metal mesh filter, #64 jet, Middle needle/neutral clip setting, cheep techo bullet exhaust, 24T rear sprocket, 960 ft elevation, 200 lb rider with strong head wind =

Why do you need a new carb? Is it missing? If not you'll be better off keeping it the phva is a good carb.

Also the time spent re jetting a new carb is kinda dumb if you have the correctly setup original.

Martin Hoisington /

The carb is missing and the exhaust has a hole in it. I was looking for some links for items to replace these.

ohhh, its new to you and its missing parts, meaning it does not run. likely has been seized and needs a rebuild. Do a compression check, or pull the top end off and pull the tranny cover off to inspect.

Get a manual before you do anything. Look online for free PDF.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account