Re: Going for broke 2, the bridgening

Fuck you country boy

You should fall off a stage, 6 times.

Yeah we'll see, all you guys have never tried anything like this before but you know what ya heard.

Fuck your assumptions you dopes.

You don't know what's going to happen. And if it breaks I'm smarter for having done it. You naysayer fuck

It runs after new rings and it's brappy AF.

Needed a W6 to wick up, I've never had a bike that could take a 6. So rich.

Have to fix the head tomorrow (piece of sparkplug area popped off years ago and I think it's causing me to have lower compression, ran better when I added a washer and yamabond to the sealing surface?)

Pretty psyched to see it alive today.

IMG_7755.JPG
IMG_7756.JPG

Barack Obama /

If you run a thinner ring you probably avoid snaging

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

is the porosity of the braze going to cause issues?

After those pics were taken I ran a piston with a ring thru the bore without oil a dozen times, then looked at the bridge to see if there were high spots. Saw some in the dead center and cut them back with the dremel and sanded.

I think that because I was sanding the bridge with a flat chopstick. The center needed to be recessed a bit more for the rings curve. The rings will seat themselves into this bridge I think. Pretty psyched to see the wear after hopefully running it for a bit.

Lubricating holes haha

Don't know, doubt it.

But that's why this is an experiment.

To document an answer that no one here could possibly know.

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> is the porosity of the braze going to cause issues?

But again, there's cast iron under the braze, so if it wears off, the ring is on the cast iron so no harm no foul

Stop posting

What part of go away don't you understand

> Barack Obama Wrote:

> If you run a thinner ring you probably avoid snaging

Barack Obama /

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> Stop posting

>

> What part of go away don't you understand

>

> > Barack Obama Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > If you run a thinner ring you probably avoid snaging

The away part

Love you back at the bridged cylinder. Curiosity got me....what’s the piston look like.

Also I feel like the DR kit comes with a lip like your taking about and everyone is quick to hog it out to match the gasket. Not taking anything else into consideration.... like lip shape and size might actually make a difference. I need to look a some kits.

Before I lost edit function....

833B301A-64C9-4FD1-A90F-256F7CF8FBD7.jpeg

I mean....(edited)

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Everything time I read a negative comment here, I read it in the Jimmy Diresta "baby voice"..

And to quote him, "if you have any 'what if' people in your life, don't share anything with them. They'll pick all your ideas apart, because they're afraid to try things and subconsciously want to see you fail."

People don't seem to grasp that whatever happens is entirely inconsequential in this case. (Besides personal injury) Seize? So what. You wanted to kit the bike anyway, and that cylinder lived a crazy life already. Saw speeds most others wouldn't ever. If you wanted you could probably braze the whole darn thing over and run it.

oh right! Its interesting about the DR outlet eh. I forgot it was like that, yeah I hog em out too.

I wonder how much of a difference it will make.

The piston I'm running had a tough life too, when the experimental wide porting snagged (semi bridge wasn't enough to save it) it gouged the piston a bit. Still usable, a new piston would help but I don't want to get one until I'm sure the kit will run for awhile.

Yeah ya gotta try shit.

If I listened to the mouth breathers I would have never created this band

https://www.instagram.com/p/B27BTdOHh6W/?igshid=tkh3s5zijayp

IMG_7745.JPG

That piston is fine . A bit dirty , but , definitely good enough .

I'm having a bitch of a time jetting this as one would expect.

I'm thinking all my jetting is crazy rich because there's so much scavenging happening, its pulling so hard on the jet that it actually flows more than usual so a 100 jet would flow like a 110 kinda

I'm not sure about this theory but I'll find out tomorrow if it's right or not. Few new plugs and some time.

I thought maybe compression was low so I milled the head, now we're at 150psi, should be scary fun if I ever figure out correct jetting lol

I also milled down that gouged spark plug sealing surface.

IMG_7757.JPG
IMG_7758.JPG
IMG_7759.JPG

(edited)

Oh my fuck is this fast

So many issues I had to fix,

A few air leaks, and a head leak that was fucking me up because I didn't flatten it on granite. Didn't because then I would have had to shave all the rest of the fins down in the mill. Wasn't ready for that.

I'll do it though now because a flat head is a happy head. Added a head gasket for now.

And jetting? Omg so lean.

I'm at a 40 idle and an 80 main on a 19 phbg.....going to see how rich I can go tho. Probably around 83-85. Couldn't clear with a 90.

I saw the head dripping some oil and was like whaaaaaaaaat. So head gasket added and I was wicking up the engine on the ground thinking it was just gonna die like it's been doing, when WHAM the bike caught the power and launched out of my hands like a demon jackal being born unto the world

Then I rode it up the street and it was majestic. Power comes on at the exact same point where the 50cc did, around 9k, this just had way more of it. Fastest DR I've ever ridden by far

Fuck I'm so glad it's running.

IMG_7699.JPG

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Happy snuggle bunny? Arugala? Huh?

Oh man! Was hopping this would blast off! Love it!

To those of you who know the struggle, I salute you

Had to mill the fins to flatten the sealing surface or I would have been sanding for eternity. Don't like to do this shit on the lathe because it's asking to jam up or break off if it gets unbalanced the further out you get.

Head leak fixed I think

IMG_7773.JPG

(edited)

Haha detonating like crazy.

I'm gonna pull the second ring, the top ring land has the ring land porting. Forgot about that.

Might still have to take some out of the combustion chamber but we'll see

Haha, was kicking ass then ANOTHER SNAG. Hahahahaha

I guess the flat roof of one side of the ex port i did is just too much for the ring. Just a lil bit too wide

Destroyed the piston top.

So what have we learned with these going for broke projects? Support the ring all the time when you're making huge ports. Go slightly less than what you think you can get away with.

If you're doing aux ports don't make that main port too large or else. And even bridged ports, don't get too crazy with width on each side.

But the question is did I have fun?

So much.

Next kit on this bike:

a very fast newish air cooled Rumia 48mm cast iron. Not going for broke, just going for a very powerful kit. Might have to cut the base of the cyl to time it right but we'll see what squish is when I test fit.

Good thing is that the hobbit transfers are already cut and fit horizontal minarelli transfers so hell yeah brother

Will run with the eurokit head and think it will cool enough. If not I'll braze fins to the kit haha. Have to change the header of the pipe but that's nbd

I might repair this cyl by plugging up the extra hooks over the transfers but we'll see.

IMG_7775.JPG
IMG_7776.JPG

Oof, that's brutal. It looks like it could survive if you could find a piston with the pin around the intake side. Or relocate the pin.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account