Re: Laser Sport 50/50 build

I dunno, but it sucks. Every custom bike I've built, I never give any thought to where the plates gonna go, and when I get it, it's just like, fuck, now what...

Plus, they made a law a few years back saying the plate had to be mounted in the rear, and right side up.

I used to just zip tie it to the chainstay on the side.

The tank I made was bugging me. The more I looked at it, the goofier it looked, so I modified a Benelli mini 50 tank I had laying around and went back to a top tank style.

Crappy garage pics because I was too lazy to push the bike five feet out into the driveway.

IMG_20200723_202909.jpg
IMG_20200810_152125.jpg
IMG_20200810_152153.jpg

Sad your rig blew up tour piston. I have had those kind of clips do the same thing in an engine before. I had not heard about them being brittle and was super stoked on the snap ring style. Now we all know better. Single lobe cir clip for me please.

There are pistons with square grooves in them and round grooves in them. Some stock pistons have the square groove that use the snap ring style but almost all aftermarket, kits, whatever use the round groove that uses the wire ring. The snap ring style also have heavy ears that can fatigue and break off especially if they are installed sideways.

Dave Thacker /

Miracle conversion so far. Lengthen swing arm 3" please. ;-)

I was thinking about that. The wheelbase on my Minarelli race bicycle thing (in the pic behind the Lazer) is stretched at least 6". Way more stable to ride.

For now though, it's a fun liquor store blaster. If moped gp ever happens again, I'll probably stretch it out. Or if I get bored.

Love the new tank. Is it from a Benelli "mini-enduro" model?

looks nice!

I didn't want to complain about the old tank cuz it was obviously a ton of work and pretty interesting - even if I personally didn't dig it. I like that Benelli tank tho.

Cool build, seems fun

Yup. Like this:

c05e5ff195554e439f62ce6ae57a2ad0.jpg

Cut off the damaged front tunnel wings and welded some tabs to mount it to my frame.

Sunny pics

IMG_20200811_122017.jpg
IMG_20200811_122025.jpg

Niiiice

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account