Best speed from a PA50-1?

A local kid kitted one with a stuffy crank, 70 cc cylinder, longer intake for easier access, bigger carb, notched out the front variator, and a tighter belt. High 30's on level ground and high 40's downhill. With the carb up higher, he's getting soft seizes after cornering, and he also added a pull start from a Toro leaf blower back pack. Really seems to know what he's doing for the most part.

Any thoughts on preventing seizing?

Top speeds for these and PA50-II?

Re: Best speed from a PA50-1?

that's not a pa50i anymore. Are the variators different on a pa50ii or just the weights can t remember, anyways if he seizes on corners possibly running outta fuel? adjust float

putting s on a bigger puch head, it might help with alleviating the heat.

stock exhaust?pa 50i has a tiny header.

I forgot the exhaust, no it's not stock but I couldn't tell you what it was. The theory about seizing was a fuel issue, especially with the new intake making the carb higher than some sections of the tank. I'm wondering if it would still happen if he kept that tank full, but it no longer sips fuel. I'll mention the float to him if I see him tomorrow.

Would a cooler plug make a difference?

Should he get a temperature guage?

Emil Kniemel /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> that's not a pa50i anymore. Are the variators different on a pa50ii or

> just the weights can t remember, anyways if he seizes on corners

> possibly running outta fuel? adjust float

>

> putting s on a bigger puch head, it might help with alleviating the

> e heat.

>

> stock exhaust?pa 50i has a tiny header.

50i and 50ii have different ramp plates for the variator. The moveable face is the same. The 50i ramp plate is teh suck.

Pa1 ain't no pa1 after all those mods.

My pa1 goes 65+

But it's not a pa1 anymore

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account