TJT vs DOS vs Derbi stock 6-roller variator body differences?

Emil Kniemel /

I know that the ramp plates (the treats rumpus for that matter) are different. Ive done testing on all 4 with the same weights, etc and there is a discernible difference.

Anyway, i only have the derbi stock 6 roller to compare atm but is there a difference in performance between the 3? Derbi 6 has the holes for the grease shield and groove for the gasket.

I read that the TJT allows the belt to sit lower so theoretically quicker take off (from the derestricting flat reed thread):

Re: TJT vs DOS vs Derbi stock 6-roller variator body differences?

The steeper the vari the faster you can shift, up to a point.

It also needs less spring because it resists the shift more.

On hobbits, the tjt needs to be modded to get the belt as low as possible or use the spacer ring available on treats. The shift works best when the belt starts from the lowest possible belt position at rest.

heres a pict of the stock n tjt.

1592491509905350915585.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> heres a pict of the stock n tjt.

That's a stock hobbit variator, not the Derbi

Emil Kniemel /

The photo I have on top that I took from the mopagen thread is derbi stock 6 vs TJT. It's an older thread so before the DOS came out. I guess theres also a Pinilla 6 roller that seems similar as well..

https://www.treatland.tv/NOS-derbi-PINILLA-6-roller-variator-body-p/derbi-pinilla-6-roller-defect.htm

So are they all basically the same? Just buy/use whatever you can get your hands on? If so this thread can die.

todd amundson /

The DOS thing useS larger weights. Other than that it’s a tjt

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account