Tomos disc front end on a hobbit?

Have a newly acquired Honda hobbit and it’s great. Just thinking about some future Upgrades. I’d like to get a disc brake set up on it eventually and was just wondering the difficulty of swapping a revival or street mate front end on?

Re: Tomos disc front end on a hobbit?

not hard, you will need the tomos fork races and you will have to cut down the head tube on the hobbit... i think? if i recall the hobbit head tube is longer than the tomos. i know for a fact its longer than puch by about 2" but tomos is also longer than puch so i'm not sure.

either way its pretty easy. the forks hit the tank. minor other small obstacles to overcome but totally worth it for those sweet sweet discs.

Awesome. That’s what I like to hear. Thank you for the insight! Now to start saving up and looking for a pair.

I put a tomos front set up on my moby and was easy sleazy

You can use spacers rather than cutting the tube to take up space if you have to

Why not simply adapt a disc set up to the hobbit wheel ?

My roommate put an RM125 front end/disc brake wheel on his hobbit and it fit without modification.

Or maybe it was an RM80 (edited)

That’s always an option too but I just always really liked those tomos front ends. Seemed better than some other disc set ups i rode on

Tomos forks are worlds better than hobbit forks

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Tomos forks are worlds better than hobbit forks

Hmm , good to know .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account