Re: I need a dellorto sha guru!

Just wow

todd amundson /

This is fucking retarded. Take the cable out of your throttle tube and pull on it to see the slide come all the way up.

Yes a pic will help us. But some of the slide will also be visible even at WOT. So a pic will help us see if you have too much still.

You'v gotta make sure that your cable end isnt going throught the slide return spring. I've made the mistake of putting a SHA together with the cable routing through the center of the spring like a screw top carb and that won't allow it to open fully.

Finally had time to work on it this weekend. Remember I took about 3mm off the slide. It works perfectly!!! With the shenko 714tires and 10x44 gears I hit 31mph I'm 235lbs.sohere some pictures. In the first I'm showing you that the slide is just visable in the port the second you can see the slide is all the way up.

IMG_20200717_172235.jpg
IMG_20200717_172142.jpg

I've been riding mopeds since my pops bought me a yama hopper in 1980. I had a rupp chopper minibike in 1975.

Todd Are you fuckn retarded!!! Go back and read the original post. The slide opens all the way!!!!!!! The throttle opens all the way!!!!!!! I'm asking for help but if you're not going to read the post.smh (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

What part of the slide did you touch, because the slide looks like every stock slide for a SHA I have ever seen?

Dillion I took about 3mm off the bottom, the end that protrudes into the intake Trac. Originally the port was about half blocked by the slide and the top of the slide was touching the retaining plate on the top of the carb. Maybe it is some kind of speed restriction?

I have a flange mount mikuni that I'm making an intake for anyway.

Good work. I have not tried shortening the slide on mine, but I do not have an issue with the small amount of slide that still protrudes into the carb. Pull out the slide and show your work for the folks here.

the pinging is probably the bike now running lean. you might need to rejet now that you are getting more air.

I've never seen a slide that was too long, does it have dellorto markings on it? It was probably a way to restrict the bike to make it 1hp or something. Who really knows?

also stop using the word retarded, it's ableist & not cool to use it in a negative connotation.

> LSLB RXb Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> not cool to use it in a negative connotation.

Is there any word that is cool in a negative connotation ?

> P D Wrote:

> > LSLB RXb Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > not cool to use it in a negative connotation.

>

> Is there any word that is cool in a negative connotation ?

Yeah there are tons, feel free to dm me if you'd like a list.

> LSLB RXb Wrote:

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > LSLB RXb Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > not cool to use it in a negative connotation.

>

> >

>

> > Is there any word that is cool in a negative connotation ?

>

> Yeah there are tons, feel free to dm me if you'd like a list.

That's what I thought . ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah,

I love:

Nincompoop

Dingbat

Tomos Rider

etc.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, there are so many.

I love:

Nincompoop

Dingbat

Tomos Rider

etc.

Shane Macpherson /

What jet are you running ?

It has a pacco 55

As for the pinging. My gasket on the top plate was ripped and a piece was missing. Replaced it and all was good. Last time I checked this was America and antifa ain't shit! I'll use whatever words I like. If he read the post he would have had all the info needed.

A 55 jet seems low. But each bike is different.

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you can't figure out a sha, you're probably not long for the hobby.

If you can't figure out why calling something retarded isn't cool, you probably aren't long for the world.

Dillon I'm a 14yr combat veteran. Grew up in E. New York pitkin & pine!!!! And let's not talk about Sha carbs because you guys never seen a slide that blocks the port. Peace out free Kyle.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rob P Wrote:

> Dillon I'm a 14yr combat veteran. Grew up in E. New York pitkin &

> pine!!!! And let's not talk about Sha carbs because you guys never seen

> a slide that blocks the port. Peace out free Kyle.

I don't see how being a combat vet makes you more (or maybe less) likely to understand moped carbs.

I have 100% seen and repaired more than 80 different SHAs. This covers a gambit of styles, sizes, and points of origin. None of them had a slide that was too long for the bore. None = not a single one.

Peace Out Carb-boi Rob.

I second the fact that I have never found any slides too long. And I have touched about 40 different sha carbs. And that is a different 40 than what dillion has touched.

congrats, now u are a true moped grasshopper, screw what every one says and just grind all the original motron sha carb slides to oblivion, crush all lever chokes and wind throttle cables thru every spring, as long as it makes u happy.

This my favorite thread on MA.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

I'd be interested in buying the SHA once you get the mikuni sorted, strictly out of curiosity as to what the fuck you did.

Just went back and saw this ? My apologies about the retarded thing but it wasn’t meant to be offensive! It’s like saying dumbass! Whatever!

Dumbass is offensive to all the smartasses in the world.

I had to read all the posts because I saw "Motron."

So all he has left to do is change his jet? Let's move on. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account