Re: Motobecane 70cc Airsal Engine Temp

Oil Stainz /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I was running the AV7 on my old 50v with an the 75cc Airsal kit that I derestricted,15 SHA, Treats CDI and a derestricted stock pipe with ceramic variator balls. I had the stock head with the decomp reworked to match the bore and was jetted rich at a 40:1 ratio and Temps would vary from 340-390 and I could run at wot all day. B6HS plug and 1.2mm. I forget the exact size of the squish band but it was mild.

I got greedy and switched to a 19phbg and a Doppler pipe and Temps frequently hit 500* on the blast and heat soaked the engine before I got racked by an Uber and destroyed the bike. Regrets. I could try and dig the head out of storage if your interested. I'd recommend doing a 50cc kit on an AV10 If you want to get aggressive.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account