Which Hobbit Vm20 Jets To Buy

New to Hobbits and the Mikuni carbs (I’ve only had experience with SHA). I’ve added a double reed setup, intake, VM20 and a circuit pipe to a pa50 (i).

I want to buy a few ranges of jets for the VM20 in anticipation of tuning. What ranges do you suggest for the current 50cc setup, and with anticipation of going to a larger bore in the future?

The parts are being fitted to the bike so Indont have access to it to chop atm, but I want to order the jets now to be able to hone it in. Plus I’ve got a $100 treats cart and I want that free shipping, haha.

DFA6F3AA-BD9B-4FEF-85D2-E8E454435BCF.jpeg

Re: Which Hobbit Vm20 Jets To Buy

I have not owned any hobbits but from what I do understand is that the pa50i is the far more restricted version of the bike. There are a few things that need to be done in order for it to be like the pa50ii. A 20mm carburetor is a bit overkill and may not even work at all unless you get some additional performance pieces like pipe and better cylinder.

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you haven't changed out the variator ramp, the actual intake, and ported that cylinder or replaced, there is a 98% chance it will never run right with the VM20.

The pa50i is so restricted, I don't think you'll find a jet small enough. I highly suggest the sha setup which will be more than enough even if you kit later on.

Wait what intake are you planning to use? The cylinder is the worst part of the pa50i, I don't see how you're going to use a vm20 with it. It'd be like putting high end carbon fiber racing wheels meant for a Bugatti or something on a Geo Metro.

Replace the cylinder before you touch the carb

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account