NC50 express 2 speed, variator mods

Good day moped army peoples,

i have gotton myself into a fun job with my friends honda nc50 2 speed, going for a standard cylinder porting job, that im fairly confident with my problems is understanding the honda express clutch variator and learning how to tune them.

any advice or tips? i hear something about a variator grove mod ?

Re: NC50 express 2 speed, variator mods

Dirty30 Dillon /

The NC50 is a two speed, their is no variator. You have two centrifugal clutches.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The NC50 is a two speed, their is no variator. You have two centrifugal

> clutches.

Wicked, i'm learning, we've yet to take the tranny cover off, again much advice and tipps appart from my obvious mistake lol!

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The NC50 is a two speed, their is no variator. You have two centrifugal

> clutches.

So tighten screws of gear 1 clutch for wheelie take offs ?

everything "moped" ive done has been on e50's so far and 2 stroke scooters

Dirty30 Dillon /

There are no adjustment screws for clutch engagement on the majority of clutches in mopeds.

It's a matter of using different tension springs, so you will have to pull apart and measure springs for info. In my experience, the 2 speed MC50's could really use first and second gear springs

Jack Rutherford /

be sure you can get it back together again or you'll be stuck at walking speed. clutch springs are pretty darn stiff on express bikes already. you can lighten the shoes.

will speak to the owner we may lighten the shoes if it easier, i have most tools in the shop so thats not my worry about getting it back together.

are the springs a similar size to anything else in production or is a treatland jobby?

Jack Rutherford /

Yeah someone found some springs they work. I’d have to do some searching through these forums to find it.

AE054567-125D-4CB0-A389-744CBC2A35F3.png

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account