Qt50 help choosing carb and exhaust combination

Thought this would be a fun project for me and my son. Over all goal is a fun reilable scoot. 35 to 40 mph with better low end power.

Re: Qt50 help choosing carb and exhaust combination

Jack Rutherford /

budget?

Around $300. Thinking the MLM pipe that has the original stock look. Also for being less obnoxious for a 14 year old rideing the streets of a small town

Jack Rutherford /

The next level mlm pipe flows a lot better than the stock exhaust but if it flows better it's louder. And it's quite loud. It'll give you probably 3-5 mph with the stock carb. You would probably want to put a slightly bigger main jet in the carb. You might just want to start with the exhaust and see what that does for you and then maybe add a different carb later.

The people's pipe can get you 7-8 mph if you jet your carb properly.

I will go with the people's pipe then. I need a new carb. The old one the choke slide is stuck in it. I tried cleaning it and ripped out the choke cable. What would you suggest for carb and air cleaner. I will get a main jet kit as well

Jack Rutherford /

Vm18 with mlm intake for Qt50 vm18. Probably 17.5 or 20 idle jet and the main jet that comes with the vm18 (70) should be close. You may want to get a few jets in either direction to dial it in. You’ll need an air filter for the vm18. Treatland has air filter recommendations. And get the throttle cable kit from treats. Or I use premix, so I converted my oil pump cable to a throttle cable for the vm18 as it has more bare cable to work with.

Will the mikuni carb work with out the MLM intake.

Jack Rutherford /

Some have made it work. Do yourself a favor and get the intake. An SHA carb will work on the qt intake. Use o ring on end of intake.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account