New MLM Pipe and Dellorto for my Batavus, still goes 25....

Uh oh, its another makemybatfast post.

Just put a new mlm pipe and a dellorto SHA 15.5 on my batavus starflight hs (top tank) (30mph m48)

Tried upjetting, doing timing etc, double checked for air leaks, and the thing still tops out at 25 and has a horrible low end - if anything the powerband is worse than it was. The only thing I wasn't able to get to change was the reeds (mlm reed block didn't fit somehow) so I'm running the stock reeds.

The belt is still super old and squeaks a bunch when it takes off - could a new belt affect performance?

Any ideas? Many thanks - I really appreciate it!

Re: New MLM Pipe and Dellorto for my Batavus, still goes 25....

Overpriced Parts /

What is the HP/mph rating of your bike? If 30 mph you’re not timed/jetted or tuned correctly

My Batavus with a vm18 and mlm pipe with a morini Airsal kit does 50 reliably. The cylinder is a huge restriction on a batavus

Also, what pipe did you get. Do they offer various versions for the bats? Honestly I'm not sure what mlm pipe would be good to use on a stock cyl. Most are tuned for a higher cc cyl, you would do best with a nice circuit in a stock setup.

Gotta deck the cylinder or counter sink the head to get real gains on a bat

It’s an mlm peoples pipe. Tried the mlm reed block one more time and same thing as before, it only idles and dies with any gas. (Only thing i could think of is that I would need to massively upjet to get the new reeds to work?) Might switch back to the old pipe and try to tune again. Running 17* btdc, 60 jet. Anyone have tips for tuning a 15.15 sha for low end?

> Ben S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Uh oh, The belt is still super old and squeaks a bunch when it takes off -

> could a new belt affect performance?

As with any belt drive , squeaking/squealing means slippage is happening and slippage is lost performance .

Grab one of the 3d printed slides for some better low end performance on the sha. Until then you can remove screens from the filter pack they come with. That will allow more air to get thru the screens and lean out a little bit.

You definitely would want to upjet with an upgraded pipe, but I am sure your stock cylinder is restricting you most. Some mild port work and decking the head would help with some gains. Basically open up the exhaust port to match the pipe diameter. Make it a smooth transition and polish it up really well when all done.

This, the squish is terrible stock and pretty much makes every other mod useless until you fix that.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Gotta deck the cylinder or counter sink the head to get real gains on a

> bat

Dave Thacker /

I've been fighting a 3D printed slide. I think I finally have the high idle totally resolved. they need to sit lower in the slide cavity due to the notch and people don't lengthen the throttle cable adjustment. Also, after a week or so, they swell in width. I had to sand the width of mine down to stop it from sticking in the slide cavity towards the bottom. There is a taper in it that gets narrower and narrower for mold release reasons. The slide has parallel sides and isn't clearance'd properly. I'm finally happy with it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account