Who's Building a long intake / flute and testing minus reeds?

Dave Thacker /

If you are in touch with what's going on in the 2 stroke performance world, you know what I am talking about. I find the 2 Stroke Stuffing valveless test to be very interesting.

Re: Who's Building a long intake / flute and testing minus reeds?

Wesley Ambrosini /

Link to the 2 stroke stuffing video? I poked around his channel and didn't find anything

Dave Thacker /

He had a short video up in the last 10 days. I don't see it now. It was his regular bike, rotary valve. He took the rotary plate out and started it up on the dyno. It was a short 2 or 3 minute video. Don't know why it's down. He may have the clip in another video no. There was some discussion of using a flute and how long it would have to be in order to not huff 1/2 the fuel out of the carb in the wrong direction. It was very interesting to consider. Since some of the pulse would be fuel air mixture from the wrong direction pump stroke, I theorize you'd have to lean it down a bit. 50% of the air having gone though the carb twice. It idled. It revved. It was sick. He showed a shot through the carb to show there was no valve.

It is an excellent channel to follow. Some of the worlds leading 2 stroke experts are working with him. I love 2 strokes.

> Wesley Ambrosini Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Link to the 2 stroke stuffing video? I poked around his channel and

> didn't find anything

Wesley Ambrosini /

Ok so it just carb into the crank case with no reeds / rotary / piston controlling the intake event?

todd amundson /

Yes, that’s correct. Big fucking hole with nothing from keeping half its charge from flying out. You know this works with a Puch Gilardoni kit and a narrow intake. Albeit about the same as his video and idle adjustments are impossible.

Kilian Münscher /

he explained in a later video that the bike couldn't rev over the moment in which the resonace is working exactly against the way it should. That way you would to rev the engine in its powerband need at least a secondary reed intake.

What he also said once is that when you would have a rotary valve wngine with just the right valve timing it should work as well as a no intake valve at all intake.

And you would of corse need a large intake stack.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account