Puch techno boss and bullet pipe fitment

Puch free spirit-I bought a bullet and the whole back section completely butted up against the rear sprocket/brake plate-exhaust bracket waaay off. Sent that back-now the boss expansion chamber is right up against the chain, bracket closer but way off as well and of course the kickstand hits both pipes. Btw 15yrs ago i had a biturbo on 1 bike and a boss on another-they practically bolted right on just bending the bracket on the bike-what gives-Do all these have fitment issues these days or am i just lucky ?

Re: Puch techno boss and bullet pipe fitment

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah you were lucky Back then, nothing Really ever fits, no one does mock ups anymore. You’ve got to learn how to fit a pipe, mopeds are DIY, you Gotta be crafty,

For example your dilemma now if the pipe mount is right up against frame Mount then open up/Dremel the header mount holes just a tad and it can swing out a lot

Your talking about drilling the holes bigger in the header where it bolts to the head ?

Overpriced Parts /

Not drilling but notching/elongating on the side that you need Just a part mm so the pipe pivots in correct direction, sometimes all you have to do is take a small round or half round file because you don’t need much

So funny you sent the bullet back because it didn’t bolt right up, what is this amateur hour? Literally nothing bolts right up, you have to use your brain but that’s hard.. man I’m loosing faith in humans.

Seriously though, get a torch and heat the header up, bend dry fit and bend again till your happy with the fitment. Simple. I got 99 problems but getting a puch pipe to fit on a puch ain’t one.

Overpriced Parts /

> ian c Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So funny you sent the bullet back because it didn’t bolt right up, what

> is this amateur hour? Literally nothing bolts right up, you have to use

> your brain but that’s hard.. man I’m loosing faith in humans.

>

> Seriously though, get a torch and heat the header up, bend dry fit and

> bend again till your happy with the fitment. Simple. I got 99 problems

> but getting a puch pipe to fit on a puch ain’t one.

I cringe when people get, make or weld ugly pedal shaft extender/spacers when the pipe just touches their pedal crank instead of bending the pedal crank a part of a inch,

Take the crank off (which is probably bent inwards already), wack It with a hammer on the garage floor and everything is fixed without pedal crank sticking way out with a ugly extender on one side that makes the pedal easier to catch on the ground, hit your shin etc.

Sorry dude i'm too busy building my 10 second racecar to mess around with mopeds-i wish i was as skilled and as cool as you 😂

If you are building a race car then fitting a pipe on a puch should be a walk in the park. Congrats on getting your pipe installed.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you are building a race car then fitting a pipe on a puch should be a

> walk in the park. Congrats on getting your pipe installed.

You're too nice . LOL

It is indeed, just commenting that it didn't just bolt on like the other 2 i've had-nothing more, everyone calm down a little

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account