Having a problem with headlight switch help needed.

Just need a question answered from someone familiar with tomos switches. My main headlight quit working after I overloaded the circuit with a second taillight. Help needed thanks???

Re: Having a problem with headlight switch help needed.

Overpriced Parts /

> Mark alan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just need a question answered from someone familiar with tomos switches.

> My main headlight quit working after I overloaded the circuit with a

> second taillight. Help needed thanks???

Why did you do a dumb thing like that that! Why didn’t you say/post here first that you were going to do that? there’s a good chance you could’ve burned out a coil or a regulator,

I know man very dumb thing to do out of boredom. I put a new bulb in and hit the bright light switch and it only showed really small blue spark in the bulb filament it wouldn't light up bright. I hope I didn't damage the stator coil. The voltage regulator is still working just fine though.

Do what now? How do you over load a circuit by draining the load with another light? The added bulb is draining an already weak system. Have you removed the added light to see if it works again? Tomos also runs their lights thru a regulator which prevents spikes in voltage and keeps lights from popping. Not sure what you have going on here.

Yes I removed the second taillight. Put everything back to how it's supposed to be. I tried a few bulbs. The main headlight wire is not putting out. So I'm just gonna run headlight on low setting until I can order a multi meter to test everything.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All power is the yellow out of magneto. If you have power there it's wiring.

I think I damaged the switch itself on the left side of the handlebars where the blue horn button is. I seen some discoloration inside the switch where the blue wire is saudered to the connection. I found a complete set of forward wiring for tomos a35 for$55. My tomos wiring is all got Knicks and the wires are cracking. It's an 2004 those wires are cheap and thin. Gonna replace the whole wiring to rule it out. And go from there.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You are going to need to resolder the switch connections anyway...

Switchplates vary.Year model specific...

I have a set of switches still in the package. It says right on the package label Slovenia 2004 tomos a35.the tomos step thru I have in the wiki and in the book they say mine is the cheapest model tomos a35 step thru. No turn signals. Just plane moped. I love the dang thing been riding it 3 years now year around never broke down until I changed the bearings seals and crankshaft. Screwed up a bit sat apart 3 weeks but got her up and going again 10-25. Gonna put some new crankshaft seal seals in it soon. I damaged the others in tare down and rebuild.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account