Puch e50 blue clutch spring adjustment

Stock 2 shoe clutch, upgrading to the blue springs for some decent slip-stock springs are 4.25 turns out from bottomed out. Any tips on a good starting point ? Thanks Marty

Re: Puch e50 blue clutch spring adjustment

I'm reading 2 turns=720 degrees out from all the way in is max spring tension

25 lb

Blue springs aren’t much of an upgrade from stock. The super stiffy springs are the way to go, 2-3 turns in from flush.

Wesley Ambrosini /

Go to a sporting goods store and get a fish scale. You'll be happy you used lbs instead of turns

Screenshot_20201006-203521.png

What have i been hearing about having to use a brace with the super stiffys, can that be bought or do i make one ?

But a brace is needed for super stiffys-correct ?

> Marty White Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> But a brace is needed for super stiffys-correct ?

I didn't use one on my 2 shoe for a few months before the clutch material on the arms disintegrated from ripping dicks. I then put a new clutch on and braced it, but then the same thing happened again. This was with the old school atomic springs which I think are one of if not the stiffest springs. So you could bend posts or you could just destroy your friction material.

Probably need info on the rest of your setup and goals, but I would max 'em out because blue springs are pretty tame.

720 deg out from all the way in. Worked fine for me.

Ive been running stiffy springs 2.5 turns in on a Polini set ups for a few years/many miles with no brace. My shoes are still nice cause I use full synthetic motor oil.

Michael Hartgers /

Kick start springs @ flush will get you. "Million miles of fun". no brace.

Overpriced Parts /

> Sir Clip Wrote:

> Ive been running stiffy springs 2.5 turns in on a Polini set ups for a

> few years/many miles with no brace. My shoes are still nice cause I use

> full synthetic motor oil.

Yep 2-3 turns in with synthetic motor oil and exhaust pipe that has a good rpm range not a junky super high rpm racing only engine breaking pipe is the best set up for long life,

514g1eMtUVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

> Sir Clip Wrote:

> Blue springs aren’t much of an upgrade from stock. The super stiffy

> springs are the way to go, 2-3 turns in from flush.

If you have a fish scale 25lbs is ideal.

But, 100%. Blue always leaves you wanting more and if you turn them in too far your more prone to break or bend the post. Get the Black ones and do two turns in. If not enough go a little more. If too much slip go to 1 or flush. I would never buy blue springs again. Easy tip to tune a e50 clutch is lay the bike on sits side so the oil does not come out and you can remove the clutch without having to swap the oil. 5 min spring adjustment.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account