A35 airsal with puch high comp head

Looks like if I run no head gasket my studs aren't short enough before the threading starts to properly tighten down my head.. should I just trace this 50cc gasket and make it slightly wider on the opening? I'm sure the stock head would have no issue..piston clearance is good

20201011_151815.jpg

Re: A35 airsal with puch high comp head

How far away is the threaded section with the head on?

you could find a thick washer maybe.

id have to be there to form a better opinion.

How thick is the head ?

I can't correctly measure the head as I can't find my caliper Guage .. I think if I make a gasket and use a washer I would be okay

20201011_164603.jpg

I think you'd be fine with washers .

I'd recommend the thick crush/sealing type .

https://www.mcmaster.com/crush-washers/

I traced the other 50cc gasket and made it slightly wider by eyeing it.. you think its decent enough to run it ? About Same thickness as the the one I had (edited)

20201011_172804.jpg

Is there a burn ring on the gasket you cut ?

What material did you cut it from ?

just use a bunch of washers, that gasket if not right is just gonna heat up n blow out.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> just use a bunch of washers, that gasket if not right is just gonna heat

> up n blow out.

Sounds good

Yeah bud. Just order the 70cc gasket or run no gasket with some copper spray. Then just use a washer or two to get the head to tighten down properly. That paper gasket will just burn out. And the 50cc gasket will only cause problems too.

I tell you I noticed a difference between running the stock tomos head and the high compression head! I know all bikes are different but my airsal runs alot better with stock head. Maybe your bike will be different

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account