Honda Cub C100 cylinder bore

I’m just curious , would boring out a 49cc pushrod engine to max specs give me any appreciable boost in power or speed ? Thanks

Re: Honda Cub C100 cylinder bore

if you're just talking about an overbore, not really. the best thing you can do for the old hondas is deck the head and boost compression. There are usually big bore cylinders you can slap on but i'm not sure about all the different years and permutations. I know the real early ones are a little odd.

DrAtv.com/ beatrice cycle is my go-to for all that c70 stuff. they have a lot of good info but its hard to find.

More is more. You need to find a piston dome configured for the spark plug entering the combustion chamber from the side... or just punch it out to fit a Honda S65 piston installed backwards.

I have a n.o.s. "CYB" Honda high compression piston. The big bore gives so much more. A c110 cam will help even more on top of that.

Thanks for the information . I’m getting an honest 38 MPH on a flat road from my 1965 Cub . It runs great and starts on first kick. What specific parts would I need to improve speed to 45-47 MPH ? Thanks

this could not possibly be more unrewarding. I mean that's a lotta effort for minor gains. You can get the bigger horizontal honda engines, or just work on tuning up yours.

doesn't the c110 also rock a better valved heads too? but no I don't think there's really any good justification for overboring a cub. I dunno, they're pretty great for what they are. And pretty much anyone who needs more just goes for the oversized clones.

there's a lotta cool performance stuff for the trail's like the Ct70, but you'd have to swap motors and go manual shift. I dunno, maybe i'm just being boring but it really doesn't seem worth it

> Tim Doll Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’m just curious , would boring out a 49cc pushrod engine to max specs

> give me any appreciable boost in power or speed ? Thanks

Is this the one with the camshaft in the block instead of in the head? I'm trying to remember

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Tim Doll Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I’m just curious , would boring out a 49cc pushrod engine to max specs

>

> > give me any appreciable boost in power or speed ? Thanks

>

> Is this the one with the camshaft in the block instead of in the head?

> I'm trying to remember

yea, pushrod is OHV

Thanks for the advice . I’m thinking now the best route to go is get a used Supercub 125, their showing up once in a while for around $3000.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account