MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

Sander Mulder /

Does anybody where i can still get those MK 70cc reed cylinders?, want one for some "Light tuning" ;)

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

> Sander Mulder Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://i.ibb.co/b1Jnfjg/moped-army-2e1611bdf61f07f89de70ab12945710b.jpg

>

> Does anybody where i can still get those MK 70cc reed cylinders?, want

> one for some "Light tuning" ;)

MK reed cylinders, any old links? Ive never heard of these

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

Sander Mulder /

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

Dos cycle has them last I checked.

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

Also, I hope they aren't done for, I plan on blowing a few up

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Dos cycle has them last I checked.

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

Not the same as the treats reed kit? (edited)

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

https://www.doscycles.com/products/puch-dos-45mm-70cc-reed-kit?_pos=19&_sid=a7200ff5d&_ss=r&variant=40859899599

nah, this is a clone of Athena clone of the AJH kit... port timing is way off, exhaust port is way too big, its a mess of a kit but i'm working on one with a stroker crank and its gonna be pretty close.

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

ahhhh yes, the DOS version the port timing isnt so bad, seems like they found a better piston

BUT you had best run it with only one ring (if you use the provided piston) as the rear ring on the piston is like .55555mm away from the intake port, its scary close

I just installed one on my wifes Maxi, cleaned up the ports a little bit, but pretty much slapped it on, with some Malossi reeds, and a MlM VM20 intake/carb combo, paired with a rebuilt e50, Pietcard cdi set up, and carbon baffle Estoril

it rips pretty hard, probably does 45? but its geared for city riding like 14x42 or 14x40 cant remember

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

yeah i'm gonna build one this winter and try to throw up a big number next summer, its been awhile since i've built anything really fast and i've got that itch... aka i've forgotten how much of a bummer fast mopeds are.

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> yeah i'm gonna build one this winter and try to throw up a big number

> next summer, its been awhile since i've built anything really fast and

> i've got that itch... aka i've forgotten how much of a bummer fast

> mopeds are.

They can-a-breaka-you’re-heart

But I feel like if your gonna go fast on a Puch and you aren’t going Polini, this is def the route to take for mega high rpms

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.doscycles.com/products/puch-dos-45mm-70cc-reed-kit?_pos=19&_sid=a7200ff5d&_ss=r&variant=40859899599

>

> nah, this is a clone of Athena clone of the AJH kit... port timing is

> way off, exhaust port is way too big, its a mess of a kit but i'm

> working on one with a stroker crank and its gonna be pretty close.

If you get the dmp piston port piston and cut a window in it the piston will be ALMOST TDC in the cylinder without having to machine the top of the cylinder. A little porting and hold the fuck on when you're pipe hits! Don't tell anyone though.......

Re: MK 70cc Reed cylinder Puch

Haha thanks, that's good to know, I still don't understand how you overcome the fact that the bottom of the exhaust is almost 46mm from the top of the cylinder.

I had to order a snap ring bearing but once she comes in I'll install the stroker crank and measure everything.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account