Puch e50 70cc tccd kit gearing

I'm running 15/45 gearing now but is wound pretty tight above 30mph, i want good topend and not lose all my low end-i ran a 16/36 years ago on a similar setup and had no lowend and wouldnt wind out all the way on topend-recommendations and i'm 225lbs

Re: Puch e50 70cc tccd kit gearing

Wesley Ambrosini /

https://martysgarage.info/2014/05/moped-gearing-calculator/

Check this out. I ran 15/40 with a tccd and I thought it was pretty good for what it was. Very mild blue springs and let's fuegoooo! pipe

Overpriced Parts /

Tune your clutch

What were you topping out at ? I'm already running blue springs as well, seems to give me enough slip

My goal is to run 50mph and not blow it up-is 10k rpm safe territory on a low mileage stock bottom end ?

No 10k rpms is NOT safe on stock crank. With a stock crank you don't want to be above 8500 or so for any length of time

Wesley Ambrosini /

> Marty White Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What were you topping out at ? I'm already running blue springs as well,

> seems to give me enough slip

45 with a 15mm bing

I ran a dmp crank though

It's not too hard to break 50 on a tccd, big carb big pipe, little porting. yeah you're gonna need a roller crank period.

The bummer about the tccd is it gives up so much low end once you go over 18*45/ 16*40 that it's almost not worth it. Especially if you're a bigger dude. You can slip the clutch and make it pretty ride able but a well tuned reed kit will pull it hard everywhere else, where you actually ride.

If you really want to go '50' the best route is either a polini or the 'treats reed' paired with a VM 22, tecno estoril and 18*40/20*45 gears, you can actually run that on a stock crank because the rpm are lower and it will do right about 50 with acceptable torque.

50 on a tccd is pretty tough. I managed 45 with 17x36. Vm18 with peoples pipe. I'm happy with it, the clutch tuning is key for getting more low end out of it.

Dan (high idle) Conway /

Im hitting exactly 50mph on the flattest land I can find by my house. Im actually just running the case matched tccd 70 kit with a fuego pipe and 15 bing/ intake. I only weigh 150 and my clutch is tuned with blue springs and Graham's recommended 15w40 rotella in the transmission. haven't gone through any clutches yet and my area has a whole lot of mountains and hills

Dan, sounds like you are dialed right the fuck in. Can you post your entire setup?

I've built almost the exact same setup: tccd, 14 bing, boss/bullet pipe, I think 4 or 5 times, every single one has run 46 like clockwork on 16*40/18*45 gears.

I used to do them slap-on for other people and sometimes with a stock crank. Back in the day it was hands down the cheapest setup you could build, but I prefer the 44 airsal now for that type of install.

I have about the same setup Dan, with a boss pipe, blue springs, bing 15mm carb and intake. So bought bought the kit already case matched ? i just bought one from treats. I'm running 17/45 gearing What's your jetting, gearing, clutch spring settings ? i'm running 2 turns from bottomed out but slips quite a bit-thanks Marty

Dan (high idle) Conway /

I forget my Jetting. I could be wrong but where I am located its around 70. You case match your cases to the kit if you have them split already, you can do it on the bike but i'm sure someone will argue that with me. That makes it a lot harder obviously but if youre patient and shove some play-doh down in the crank case mouth and make sure NO METAL SHAVINGS get in there. Depending on your experience you should decide whats the best way to go.

My setup is literally just the piston port tccd, chamfered case matched no porting really on exhaust or anything. Want this to be as reliable and practical as possible. The gearing is actually a 17/42 which is the teeniest bit less steep than 16/40 I think. I am also running blue springs almost maxed on the 2 shoe clutch and it has a super stuffy crank too. This setup I'm pretty sure is timed at 17 degrees lol not 100% on that its been a while now since i've had to touch anything. The bike also runs super sweet regulated DC leds in the taillight very big difference from stock. Its one of those OEM 15 bings and its got a cheapo fuego pipe that just makes this thing scream when you need it. Im running a unifilter modified to fit underneath its original side covers.

Dan (high idle) Conway /

I wanna add I spent a while tuning in the carb/ needle/ atomizer combos, it'll be different for you depending on sea level distance but something to keep in mind. you can really tune in a comfortable throttle range on these simple bings if you're an idiot like me and you're patient. If I ported this kit I bet it would go a bit faster. but this bike has never "not started on me" since the rebuild and I don't wanna risk losing low end with that tiny pipe already.

50 mph is definitely doable though, it was enough to make me go through the gratifying process of getting a 40mph speedo just so I can max it out just enough hahaha

Pics and details of the modified uni filter?

Oh dan you could do 50 easy on my bike at only 150lbs. I am 225 on a good week so I'm lucky my bike moves me that well.

There are times I wish I were a smaller dude and mopeds is one for sure.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 50 on a tccd is pretty tough. I managed 45 with 17x36.

>17x36

>17x36

You're saying your bike barely moves because you're a bigger dude but your gearing is fucked. Even if you weighed 70 lbs that bike isn't gonna move with those gears. Stock ported tccd peak power is like 8500-9500 depending on pipe. Your peak power should be just below your top speed. If you ran a tecno estoril you would have a buttload more torque from like 6-9k and your bike would absolutely truck.

I don't know how this is even a discussion topic on here, build the engine and just run it with the gears that are on it. If you are over revving then gear up. It's literally the easiest and cheapest performance tuning thing to change, if your chain is too short just run like 14x36 and you won't even have to buy a new chain. I hate swapping puch rear gears so I just use Marty's awesome calculator and figure out what front I need and I have a huge stack of them.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account