mb5 wheels on a hobbit. Too heavy to be worth it?

Terbo Speghetti /

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying some mb5 wheels, somebody tell me how stupid this idea is and why

Re: mb5 wheels on a hobbit. Too heavy to be worth it?

Yeah they are heavy as shit, like the front with the heavy steel rotor is 25lbs. And they’re 18 inch so all the tires in that skinny profile are super lame too.

Daniel do you happen to know the ID of that front rotor?

My friend Dominic did it, the bike just got sold on here again, I think not long ago.

Looked super rad, works fine, woulda probably been faster without em but it's a fly style and good disc brake

"to put the mb5 'comstar' wheels on the hobbit you can remove the original hub from the mb5 wheels, carefully, drill the hobbit hub for the mb5 bolt pattern, and then you're pretty much done. MB5 wheels are 18" and the smallest diameter tires were zaps in 2.5 inch, depending on your belt setup you'll need to modify (i.e. hammer and or cut) the center section of the subframe so that the tire doesn't rub, hammer the center box and angle grindr tabs to get the larger wheel + tire enough room for belt adjustments. Finally, comstar wheels like the ones on the MB5 kinda suck, very often they're very badly out of true with lots of runout, and the metal plates at the hub also crack where the bolts go through. That being said, the larger wheels along with the heavily reinforced subrframe, top bar and MB5 forks make for a stable smooth ride, probly for carrying lots of xxxtra weight."

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account