IMG_20201113_152443.jpg
IMG_20201113_152527.jpg
IMG_20201113_152612.jpg

Re: Cimatti Gran Prix XL

Absolutely, beautiful work. Glad that bike is getting some love

Where’d you get the intake???

What pipe and dimensions my friend. I am building a trike and have the polini built shit. Gonna run a sha 15.15 and I know you are a hater but I realy just want low power. I will send you this pipe tradseys for that pipe if it works. This is a killer pipe I made.

20200731_063415.jpg

Copy of a puch warrior pipe I think? Hits pretty hard from mid to high. I just need a good pipe that will hit until 30 mph and e good lol.

> Rob P Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Where’d you get the intake???

Welded it up myself. Cost me about fifty cents in scrap cromoly. Not including welding gas, wire, bandsaw, drill bits, etc...

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> Copy of a puch warrior pipe I think? Hits pretty hard from mid to high.

> I just need a good pipe that will hit until 30 mph and e good lol.

Just get the V1 circuit pipe from treats for $100, plug the end, poke a hole in it about an inch from the end cone, add 7" of 1/2" pipe, and you're set.

Btw, without a silencer it registers 76dbm at full revs. Legal noise limit is 83 in California.

My rusty, dried out front brake shoes disintegrated today, leaving me with that "oh shit!!!" Feeling and a full Fred Flintstone stop from 50mph.

So I broke out this beautiful NOS vintage drum brake I was saving for a special occasion.

130mm of pure Italian braking pleasure in a 6.5" hub.

IMG_20201114_180832.jpg
IMG_20201114_180839.jpg

Very cool. I used a yamaha yg1k wheel I had ordered by mistake. The yg1 had 17" and the yg1k was the enduro version so it came with 16". Has awsome brakes and sealed bearings.

20200731_063344.jpg

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /
dcsczs5-d15c1ea4-a29c-46db-ad1d-8753eba4b6dd.gif

Now that's some cool brakes.

IMG_20201115_115745.jpg

^

Bairdco - pisses excellence like tom hanks in a league of their own.

Nooice

V1 polini is the shit. This is making me want to do more work on my safari. It runs well, but an exhaust a bit more than a people's pipe is intriguing

Stretched it a coupla inches in the back. Used some steel stock, cut it to fit in the drop out slot, and welded the crap out of it.

Makes it a bit more stable and not as scrunched lookin'.

Also got some EBR fork legs, put the promo pipe on because it has a silencer, and put a 12t up front. Hitting mid 50's now.

IMG_20201124_140548.jpg
IMG_20201124_141334.jpg

Looks good stretched out, at first I was wondering where you lengthened it until I read the description and the second pic.

Emil Kniemel /

I nominate baird co for 2020 builder of the year.

Laced up some 17" alloys with some big fat spokes.

IMG_20210107_164644.jpg

And made some baby cranks.

IMG_20210107_164658.jpg

mid 50's is wild. you should do the next bakers dozen on it and see how it holds up!

> LSLB RXb Wrote:

> mid 50's is wild. you should do the next bakers dozen on it and see how

> it holds up!

I'd love to do a ride like that. But I'm in California, and it's a long drive, then a long ride.

Love the baby cranks. I always just cut one off and weld it to the other side so they are both in the down position. Van still kick it over not do lose some cornering but I'm not into that so works fine for me.

16101657960458305124790834307465.jpg

I use a cut off wheel on an air grinder and carve a cotter pin groove on the opposite side of one end on the shaft. Much easier than cutting and welding a crank, and you can switch it back if you want.

Then with baby cranks, I have enough ground clearance so they're like pegs, high enough so they don't hit in corners.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account