Re: Need help with a setup for my bravo :)

Jason ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I will just speak from experience because a couple years ago I was wondering the same stuff before building my first Vespa and had extremely similar goals.

I like the Malossi 43mm the best, really fantastic mid and high range balance of power (and if later you're looking for that top end only absolute ripper all you have to do is raise the exhaust port slightly and open the crank web up a little on the closing edge). You don't need to cut the crank with the malossi and you don't need to case match, but you do definitely need to open up the intake patch rather big to really utilize the power that it can afford you. So you will have to split the cases.

I bolted all this stuff onto my Grande (probably heavier than your bravo if it has spokes) and was easily able to see 47-49mph consistently. The bike also ran like a top for an entire season, nothing engine wise ever gave me any issues (except my points system/wiring). I put triple the hours on my first piston than the service limit Malossi suggests for high rpm riding (make sure to file your rings to the right size though and chamfer all the ports because they're sharp af and will eat your rings for breakfast):

- 43mm Malossi (no case match or crank cut)

- Intake bored out

- Polini variator (I think im running like 24g total in it)

- Malossi belt

- Proma circuit

- Stock contra spring

- 13mm SHA @70 main jet

- Malossi filter

- Stock points igntion

- Stock tall gears (verify that you have these and if not buy some used)

For what it's worth I also tried the Polini and the DR 43mm, no case match no crank cutting just dropped it in, and still made the best acceleration and top speed with the Malossi. Additionally, the first pipe I tried was the techno circuit and it was an absolute dog compared to the proma. Now I only run promas. I lost roughly ~10mph off my top speed on all configurations running the techno. (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account