Kitted A3 Update

Thomas Peffer /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Heres an update of my newly kitted 1991 Tomos Golden Bullet A3 with 64cc Airsal reed kit, vm20 carb, 17.5 idle jet, 180 main (soon to downjet to somewhere around 140-155), needle on richest (bottom notch for now its still winter), estoril sidebleed pipe. Bike still has stock gearing (26/22). All I can say is wow what a difference. Bike accelerates like mad off the line and riiiips from 0 to 45mph. First gear is just insane. Stays in first until 20-22mph and power shifts (literally jumps forward into 2nd) and keeps on pulling hard all the way to 45mph. Fastest and most fun moped off the line I've owned. Can't wait until spring to see how she pulls after getting the jetting dialed in. Still has the 180 jet the vm20 came with but I've picked up an assortment of Mikuni jets (140-155) to tune it in.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account