so i want my motobecane to go fast......

ordering shit from treats currently. i wanna do 40? with decent low end seattle hills. what all do i need variator wise? its currently a single speed 50L and should i buy fancy variator or can i put a stock variator on? and what else do i need tryna stick with 15.15 sha as carb. am hoping to stah 50cc what cylinder/pipe should i order? i dunno diddly bout french bikes. ive got le party cdi on order new crank party seals gaskets. just tryna get a list of everythkng i need to convert to variated and can i run the stock head or is there a diff head i should run with the 50cc airsal? what else am i forgetting?

Re: so i want my motobecane to go fast......

Seattle hills require a kit for a French beginner. You can do high rev 50cc but no 50 is very good on hills.

I live in the most brutal hill country and 50s will climb them yes, but never as robust as a 70. They just don’t have the torque unless you’re right in the band.

Run any 70cc kit, and er3 with idle function and a big pipe like a circuit style or Doppler.. You’ll have to pull start but the treats cdi flywheel has threaded holes you can add alllen bolts to for a rope start. (edited)

You can forgo the er3 if you just run a stock vari and clutch. If you have the torque those work just fine. You can get a different roller cage setup for them to adjust the rpm shift point (edited)

And stock moby heads suck shit on hills. They heatsoak fast. At least mine did with a ripper cyl.

Go as big as you can if staying air cooled.

All this being said, I’ve seen some very stock moby 50v climb everything that was put in front of it, but it was very slow up them. Nate has one with only a cdi upgrade and a 15 that is surprisingly quick. But decent hill climbing and keeping up with cars is a different thing entirely

im not looking to fly up hills im just lookin to not have to pedal up the hills I guess. im 158lbs so im not exactly on the heavy side amd this thing struggles on hills immensly. i assume variating it will give a more desirable outcome.

Yes variation is #1, and changing gearing to 11/54 or 56 or 60

> You can forgo the er3 if you just run a stock vari and clutch. If you

> have the torque those work just fine. You can get a different roller

> cage setup for them to adjust the rpm shift point

Do you mean a STOCK variator and clutch, or a modified stock one?

If you have a torquey 70cc setup the stock vari and clutch are fine. Fastest moby I’ve ridden with had a mostly stock clutch and vari, it just didn’t give a shit. So much torque it just powered thru everything

I know nothing about this topic.

Your name made me remember the Jim Jefferies bit where he’s punting all the dead babies in heaven.

Hope you go fast enough 🤙🏻

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account