Hobbit inner front pulley cheek. Has anyone tried to remove it?

Terbo Speghetti /
16123799412399008710451575583628.jpg

So I'm looking at my hobbit clutch bell and inner pulley cheek, and the little notches make me wonder if they expected someone to be able to pull the cheek off.

I don't really have a goal in mind yet, but changing that cheek would open up a lotta hobbit options (edited)

Re: Hobbit inner front pulley cheek. Has anyone tried to remove it?

Terbo Speghetti /

Bet I could fit a hacksaw blade in that gap if I reallllllly wanna know what's behind there

Isn't it welded to the bell around the shaft in the middle?

Terbo Speghetti /

Something is welded in there, but I'm thinking that could be whatever the cheek is press fit onto.

I could be totally wrong about it, I'm just spitballin

Terbo Speghetti /

Like, in this picture you can see a little bit of a ledge/gap above what looks like a bushing or maybe the top of a tapered post that the cheek presses onto

16123803636484697499875401766137.jpg

You cannot do it.

However.

You can chuck it up in a lathe and make it substantially more steep, which also extends the boss. It’s the BEST mod for wicked acceleration, and can allow wider belts to sit lower in the V. I’ve pushed the boss back by about 3mm then “steepened” the cheek angle from that point to the existing outer edge.

That doesn’t mean your BX belt is good tho cuz they suck shit. It does allow a more narrow belt to ride much higher in the cheeks than at stock cheek angle

Terbo Speghetti /

Have you ever tried Jbot? It's not that I don't believe you, I just got this bee in my bonnet, I gotta see behind there now. (edited)

Good luck you’ll destroy it.

It doesn’t screw off

But I’m all for breaking your own shit.

Teaches you things you can’t learn any other way

Tweaker trash /

I think I have one laying around...

^haha, you ever wonder how much darn dirt and grime is on the inside of a hobbit tank, nasty, or those damn spider hiding out in you handlebar tubes poking their legs out or that rats nest under your seat post, or if theres that darn powder inside your tubes i hate that possibility.

Tweaker trash /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^haha, you ever wonder how much darn dirt and grime is on the inside of

> a hobbit tank, nasty, or those damn spider hiding out in you handlebar

> tubes poking their legs out or that rats nest under your seat post, or

> if theres that darn powder inside your tubes i hate that possibility.

You ever wonder how bad of a mechanic the last owner was & you could be riding something even more dangerous then it should already be.

I forgot to take a photo of the drywall screw handle bar clamp set up...you’ll have to excuse me

1308B623-FE73-4B1C-8D1D-542E0DDA9183.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account