Difference between revisions of "AV/7 launch lever"

From Moped Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
While my AV/10 setup is off my moby, I thought I would toss on a ported Autista(?) 50cc kit that I got from Responsible John. Apparently the portwork had been done by Maitland (yarrrr!!) but no one has ever actually run the kit on a bike. Unfortunately, I shredded the internal threads on my variator puller the last time I tuned my Variplus (for an aggressive 70cc V=AV/10 set-up), so I had to leave the weight at 10.2 grams—a little heavy for a high rev 50cc set-up. Riding it around, it wasn’t much fun, I could to about 30mph, but never hit the revs I needed to engage my Ninja G3 pipe. As a quick fix / variator cheat we decided I should try out a “launch lever”. Here is what I came up with:
+
While my AV/10 setup is off my moby, I thought I would toss on a ported Autista(?) 50cc kit that I got from Responsible John. Apparently the portwork had been done by Maitland (yarrrr!!) but no one has ever actually run the kit on a bike. Unfortunately, I shredded the internal threads on my variator puller the last time I tuned my Variplus (for an aggressive 70cc V=AV/10 set-up), so I had to leave the weight at 10.2 grams—a little heavy for a high rev 50cc set-up. Riding it around, it wasn’t much fun, I could to about 30mph, but never hit the revs I needed to engage my Ninja G3 pipe. As a quick fix / variator cheat we decided I should try out a “launch lever”. Here is what I came up with:<BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1942.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1942.JPG]] <BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1943.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1943.JPG]]<BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1945.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1945.JPG]]<BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1946.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1946.JPG]]<BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1947.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1947.JPG]]<BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1948.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1948.JPG]]<BR>
[[Image:http://students.washington.edu/iet/IMG_1950.JPG]]
+
[[Image:IMG_1950.JPG]]<BR>
Basically I broke down a 16” batavus front wheel I’ve had under my deck for the last year and used the mounting hardware and the existingmounting hole for the stock moby pipe int he AV/7 bottom end. The front axel was threaded all the way which was nice, but it’s 10mmso I had to open up the mounting holes a little with a dremel. I used the small wheel nuts on the outside, and the fat ones on the inside to reduce stress on the bottom end. I use the Ducatti CDI, so there was plenty of clearance, might be a little tighter with the stock electrical.Still need to test it out, but pushing it forward with my foot on the pedal feels pretty comfortable.
+
Basically I broke down a 16” batavus front wheel I’ve had under my deck for the last year and used the mounting hardware and the existing mounting hole for the stock moby pipe int he AV/7 bottom end. The front axel was threaded all the way which was nice, but it’s 10mmso I had to open up the mounting holes a little with a dremel. I used the small wheel nuts on the outside, and the fat ones on the inside to reduce stress on the bottom end. I use the Ducatti CDI, so there was plenty of clearance, might be a little tighter with the stock electrical.Still need to test it out, but pushing it forward with my foot on the pedal feels pretty comfortable.
  
 
[[Category: Motobecane]]
 
[[Category: Motobecane]]

Revision as of 14:22, 3 January 2009

While my AV/10 setup is off my moby, I thought I would toss on a ported Autista(?) 50cc kit that I got from Responsible John. Apparently the portwork had been done by Maitland (yarrrr!!) but no one has ever actually run the kit on a bike. Unfortunately, I shredded the internal threads on my variator puller the last time I tuned my Variplus (for an aggressive 70cc V=AV/10 set-up), so I had to leave the weight at 10.2 grams—a little heavy for a high rev 50cc set-up. Riding it around, it wasn’t much fun, I could to about 30mph, but never hit the revs I needed to engage my Ninja G3 pipe. As a quick fix / variator cheat we decided I should try out a “launch lever”. Here is what I came up with:
IMG 1942.JPG
IMG 1943.JPG
IMG 1945.JPG
IMG 1946.JPG
IMG 1947.JPG
IMG 1948.JPG
IMG 1950.JPG
Basically I broke down a 16” batavus front wheel I’ve had under my deck for the last year and used the mounting hardware and the existing mounting hole for the stock moby pipe int he AV/7 bottom end. The front axel was threaded all the way which was nice, but it’s 10mmso I had to open up the mounting holes a little with a dremel. I used the small wheel nuts on the outside, and the fat ones on the inside to reduce stress on the bottom end. I use the Ducatti CDI, so there was plenty of clearance, might be a little tighter with the stock electrical.Still need to test it out, but pushing it forward with my foot on the pedal feels pretty comfortable.