Difference between revisions of "Bad Sellers List"
|Line 180:||Line 180:|
*'''Location:''' Moncks Corner, SC
*'''Location:''' Moncks Corner, SC
** 2 years ago, i shipped 2 Tomos engines, A3 and A55, and most of a Scorpion Scrambler frame to him. The engines were to be rebuilt and the frame modified to mount a Tomos engine and pipe. I attempted to pickup my stuff, complete or not, when i was down in Sumter for Pancakes, Peds, & PBR III: Back to the Bridges. I've only received pictures of incomplete work and broken promises. - [http://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/deathplaybanjo/]
** 2 years ago, i shipped 2 Tomos engines, A3 and A55, and most of a Scorpion Scrambler frame to him. The engines were to be rebuilt and the frame modified to mount a Tomos engine and pipe. I attempted to pickup my stuff, complete or not, when i was down in Sumter for Pancakes, Peds, & PBR III: Back to the Bridges. I've only received pictures of incomplete work and broken promises. - [http://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/deathplaybanjo/ ]
*'''Notes:''' if thres any doubt... i have tons of private messages.
*'''Notes:''' if thres any doubt... i have tons of private messages.
Revision as of 07:53, 14 July 2013
Bad Sellers Page: This page is for bad sellers only. Do not put good seller or bad buyer info on this page.
This page was created to provide some background information on people with whom you may be interested in conducting business. You may contribute to it by posting your buying experience with a particular person.
If you wish to add a new person to this list, you will see a template of sorts in the wiki code. Make a copy of it and fill in the relevant information. If the name has been posted once, simply add a comment to their existing entry.
Granted that everyone can edit and delete names and such. It is recommended that you check the revisions for such deletions. If you attempt to remove yourself from this page, the information will be reverted and a note will be added informing others that you have attempted a censoring. If you feel there is an unjust claim made here, contact the person who made the claim and ask them to remove it. If that fails, make your edit but leave a detailed comment in the 'summary' field before submitting.
This is the template you will use. At the top of the page click edit. Then scroll to find the template below. Copy and paste the template in the space below. Please, put the entry in alphabetical order.
|Note: The people listed below could be on |
more than 1 list so check each for such
- 1 PERSONS-NAME
- 2 Bad Sellers
- 2.1 Brian Berends
- 2.2 Carter Denny
- 2.3 Chris Gatton
- 2.4 D. WHEATIE
- 2.5 Daniel Omri Rivera
- 2.6 Daniel P. Larosa
- 2.7 David Christianson
- 2.8 Garret, Scott Behm
- 2.9 Ian rose
- 2.10 Jacob Miller
- 2.11 Lucas Petterson
- 2.12 Ken King
- 2.13 Nick Ebert
- 2.14 Mike Piarowski
- 2.15 Robert Brinck
- 2.16 Sam Babcock
- 2.17 Stephen Simmons
- 2.18 Steven Marrero
- 2.19 Tyler Pisch
- 2.20 "Viv Ache"
- 2.21 Weak-Ends Tj
- AKA: USER-NAME
- Email: EMAIL-ADDRESS
- Location: LOCATION
- YOUR-COMMENT-GOES-HERE - YOUR-USER-NAME
- Notes: ANY-ADDITIONAL-REFERENCES
- AKA: bberends
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Toledo, Ohio
- Sold me some urban express parts for quite a fair price except that they never arrived or as far as I can tell were ever shipped. There were lots of apologies for the delay, but never any confirmation that anything was shipped. This is the situation since 08/13/2012 - César
- Apparently Brian Berends edited it [this page] at some point. Dunno why considering nothing has changed. He still got paid and I didn't receive anything as well as no communication as of 08/13/2012. He removed it again on 02/27/2013 while the initial removal was on 12/21/2012.
- AKA: carterd
- Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Zanesville, OH
- Sold an "Airsal kit for a35 motor. Used. The 65cc one." to me for $61. I got it and it looked like shit. Yep, looks like a stud stripped out, then it was drilled crooked, then broke part of the exhaust port flange off, then used JB weld to put a new stud in, but shorter and crooked AND JB welded an exhaust gasket and paper towel in it. (References: 1 2 3 4 5 6) - Jake P
- I bought a tomos A35 from him. He said I need to add fluids and it'll run. It did NOTHING. I read the power coming out of the stator, it read nothing with me trying my hardest. He's a thief. He has done this to many people. Don't get screwed by this asshole!!!Romeo D
- AKA: defconc
- Ripped me off $40 for E50 cases ported for polini. NEVER send any paypal payment as "gift" you will not be able to file a claim with paypal. - David Linehan
- AKA: puchu1980
- Never sent his half of a trade. I mailed him an almost-new 70cc hihi comp head and never received the e50 clutch I was promised. Takes 3 or 4 pms to get a response and then it's usually "sorry" or "i forgot". Says the box got lost in the mail. After I got pissed off he said he'd send me money when he had some. Then he offered someone else $400 for a moped in the buy/sell and made a few other posts about buying parts. - Max Ramos
Daniel Omri Rivera
- AKA: Omri, leftovercyanide
- Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Chicago, IL
Daniel P. Larosa
- AKA: dannyboy727, njdan
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Kenilworth, NJ
- I purchased a fully restored and nice moped from a small company in New Jersey that buys and restores and refurbishes mopeds. D&S Mopeds (Daniel P. Larosa and his partner, Steve) Dan is a member here. They seemed nice fellows and very amicable, but there is a problem. I have found out that the moped that I purchased was purchased by them from somebody that didn't own them and was the son of a man that was storing his mopeds. The paperwork that I got from them was inaccurate (bogus) and I have had contact with the original owner that told me that he was told that the mopeds were discarded and he wasn't happy about, but he wasn't going to get after his friend. Then he was surprised when he found out that the bike is still on the road. It turns out that I went back to D&S and have made over 20 phone calls and text messages and several emails to them and I'm getting a run around and promises and now I hear from Steve that tells me that this is my problem and if I don't want to ride the bike anymore that I should just sell it for parts. There were a total of three bikes in that batch that they bought and all three were sold by them to different customers. I have had further interactions on line with Dan Larosa and he has been arrogant nasty and insulting. When I told him that I would be reporting him to the authorities, he told me to go ahead because he had friends that were detectives and I wouldn't get anywhere. - Jeffrey Webb
- AKA: davychrist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Location: Sioux Falls, SD
- David got me for 170 bucks for a gila kit. Then had the audacity to say that since paypal refunded my money, there shouldn't be a problem. Do not buy from this guy. - Daniel Allen
- Yep me too 60 bucks on ebrs after I paid him no response and never saw anything-- really great guy, karma will get him, don't buy anything from david - Brad Drake
Garret, Scott Behm
- AKA: iwannagofast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Location: Appleton, WI
- Had one good transaction, and then sent money for wheels as a second transaction. It's been 2 months and I haven't received a refund or the wheels. Claims he has no time to ship. - Karl Schuttler
- sold him a vespa and when i got there he didnt have the full amount of money and said he would pay me the rest the following week.. its been 2 years....full on ignore and excuses.
- AKA: Irose
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Massachusetts
- Sold me a magnum stock top end that he claimed was in excellent condition and when I received it there was a chunk missing out of one of the ring grooves and one of the rings was missing about 5mm off one end. I contacted him about the misrepresentation and he did nothing.- Mobyman420
- AKA: jaymill
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Snohomish, WA
- He took my money for what he claimed were mint parts. 'minty vario covers' (original thread for reference http://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,2918933,2918933#msg-2918933). He didn't send the parts. I e-mailed him. He said he'd send the parts. He didn't. I opened a PayPal dispute just before the 45 day claim period was up. He still didn't send the parts. I escallated the dispute to a claim after giving him a week. He finally sent the parts. I get them 2 months later and they are anything buy mint. One of two covers will work. The second cover is trash. Buyer Beware. - sk8bones
- AKA: Lucas Petterson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: ?
- He offered to sell me a 16.16 SHA for $60 shipped. I paid him immediately and I have yet to get the carb in the mail. It has been several weeks and he has only replied a couple times indicating he doesn't have the money. I asked for either a refund or just ship it to me. At one point he indicated he was getting paid on Friday so he would ship it then, it has been days since and I have not heard back from him. He said he has limited internet but his account said he has been online since so I know he is just ignoring me. Buyer beware. - Mr. Manikor
- Notes: n/a
- Bought an A3 flywheel off him in Sept '11. Said his motor went missing and refunded my money. PM's me 3 days later saying his neighbor stole the motor and he got it back. Said I could still have the flywheel if I wanted. So I paypal'd him at the same address as I did before. He e-mails me the next day saying to paypal him under a new paypal e-mail address because his account is under review from paypal because someone has a claim out on him. He says he can't refund me because his account is locked. Refused to communicate further. I can't cancel the payment because I sent as personal payment by accident instead of for services. Do not buy from this kid. Very shady. - Chris Driscoll
- I Bought an A3 motor from him and was told I was going to get tracking info on it the next day. I waited a week no emails or anything so I filed a claim on him and got a nasty reply saying I was trying to scam him. He decided to get a new Paypal and, when I won the claim I was only refunded half of my money! Deal with him at your own risk. - Robbie Meek
- AKA: sfcmtz
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Made lots of posts about different things for sale. Had pictures etc. Sent him a partial payment for a part. Said he would get back to me the next day with a shipping quote and never did. Two weeks later I'm filing a paypal claim. He's been talking to people I know about other parts he has "for sale" just yesterday which would put him still talking to others but not responding to me at 2 weeks. I sent multiple emails, made a very cordial post trying to get in touch with him on MA and waited very patiently. NOTHING. People in SF say they aren't familiar with him. He's continuing to log into MA but still not responding to me. DO NOT send Nick Ebert any money. If you do certainly do not send it as a gift, send it as payment for goods so you have recourse - Deadped Ryan
- Ditto. Time to flame this guy since he is doing the same thing here. Sent him $60 for a hobbit crank and seals, no response, no reply to e-mail. Sad way to run your life kid! - (Casserollers) Kaptain Kim
- Location: Oak Forest, Illinois
- So I bought an A35 bottom end from this dude 12/24/12 and paypal went through $100 ok, so my end is done right? Well it is now 2/5/13 and nothings in the mail, no delivery confirmation #, just " dude chill out I have been sick and the Post Office said your address was non-existant, and my cat has had a toothache". I have bought plenty of stuff from people on here and never had a problem with my address. 1234 Fake St Springfield, N. Kentucky WTF! Stupid teenagers, should have known. kevers
- AKA: Mopedparts, Robbie B
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Lafayette, NJ
- Beware of this guy. I Listed a request for some Tomos parts and he PMd me right away. Had a few day long conversation via PM and ironed out details. Sent him a Postal Money Order to cover cost. Only sent MO because of the low price for the random parts. Received confirmation of receipt of payment and have spent 2 months trying to get the parts. No longer acknowledges emails, PMs or phone calls. Payed another seller for the parts after waiting 7 weeks with no response to any attempted contact. All I want is my money back. - Kevin Carl
- I can't believe I just got here to put this guy's name on the list and he's already here. Fuckin' A. Same deal, I spent a while conversing back and forth with him and he assured me over the phone that he was a "stand up guy" and wasn't going to screw me over. That should have been the first warning sign. He also "didn't have a camera" so he couldn't take a picture of the engine he was selling me (even though he has two pictures in his profile), warning sign number two. Finally he doesn't do paypal because he was "screwed over" in the past and therefore only takes money orders. In any case, he sent me the engine, but it was completely seized, rusted, and useless. He said it was in good condition and came off a running bike... honestly, if he was planning on fucking me over like this, why even spend the money to ship the engine? This guy is really a piece of work. All I want is my money back. - Joseph Gummer
- Yep, this guy is a sham. Told me he had a rear wheel for an AMF roadmaster, wanted $50 for it. Would only take money order. Talked to him on the phone, insisted that we should stay in touch cause he runs a moped shop too. "Ya know, so if we ever need parts we can call each other!". Sent him a money order, took a while for me to see anything in the mail. So i emailed him, inquired as to whether or not he sent the part, and he told me he had just received the money order that day, and would ship the wheel out. Never got the wheel. Have been sending reminder emails every week or so and he does not respond. Anyone still got his number? I'd love to call him and annoy him regularly. - Stephen Pamboukes @ Port City 'Peds
- I bought an A3 engine, took 4 months for me to eventually get him to drop it off at a friends house, who brought it to me. - Aaron Fowler
- Robert Brinck (Mopedparts) has attempted to censor this page to remove claims against himself.
- AKA: puchlovr
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
- Bought a v1 motor from him. I asked him if it had a needle bearing or brass bushing. He told me needle bearing. I received the motor and it had a brass bushing and it had been damaged in shipping due to quite possibly, the worst packaging job on the face of the planet. It had been wrapped in one single layer of the most thin bubble wrap you can find. Cylinder studs had not been removed so they were bent. Fan stuff was floating around in the box so the fan items were cracked/broken. I asked for a $50 refund to replace all of the broken parts, he offered me $20 (if you can find a used, in good shape v1 fan for $20 let me know!) which I accepted because I was tired of dealing with him. Good communication skills but absolutely lacking in the shipping/packaging department. - Ryan N.
- AKA: stephensimmons
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Moncks Corner, SC
- 2 years ago, i shipped 2 Tomos engines, A3 and A55, and most of a Scorpion Scrambler frame to him. The engines were to be rebuilt and the frame modified to mount a Tomos engine and pipe. I attempted to pickup my stuff, complete or not, when i was down in Sumter for Pancakes, Peds, & PBR III: Back to the Bridges. I've only received pictures of incomplete work and broken promises. - AFowler
- Notes: if thres any doubt... i have tons of private messages.
- AKA: 240punk, hellamopeds, poochypuch, SteveOH, sTv, SteveOH, "Sam Huffman"
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000340381384
- Location: Tustin, CA; Austin, TX
- Possible Picture: link
- Transaction is a no go and still has my money for a dellorto carb and airbox. Seems to be on site daily but doesn't answer e-mails or responds. Send me my money! claims it cost to much to ship. should have thought of that before ripping people. This isn't charity Stevo. Dated 04/25/2011 - Double
- It is now May 6, no mail, no money. This guy is a real putz. Beware of shoddy dealings. Lists here under SteveOH or sTv, 240 punk, poochypuch, Sam Huffman. Do not deal with him, you will lose your money! Another week we are now at May 21st, still a douche. - Double
- NOW HAS A NEW HANDLE ... STEPHEN H OR hellamopeds. Still has my money as of July 25th., Aug 15th, still nothing from this fuck. Sept 9 hope he rots if fucking hell. Nov 4 the fuck stick is still out there scamming people. - Double
- WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!!! Don't every buy peds parts from STEVE HUFFMAN . Becaues you will never get them. I paid for a streetmate swingarm never got it !!! SO STEVE BURN IN HELL my friend - Ron Sparaco
- AKA: tomos5050
- Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Paid for some tools. Never got them. Had one pm from him saying he forgot and they would go out the next day. Still have not received them or had any response from him. - Speed Racer
- Paid for a carb and intake, talked to him through texting for a bit, once I started asking about the parts no responses. Been over a month now. - Steve Dethrow
- AKA: pisch24
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Nashport, Ohio
- Bought a 16" gold five star Grimeca wheelset from him. Shipped quickly but didn't use any packaging materials except the box he puts the wheels in. When I received the wheels the axles were poking out of the box and the threads were badly damaged and unusable (as well as the axles were bent). I notified Tyler and he agreed to send me new axles. I never received the axles, so I started a paypal claim. After some inspection I also realized that these wheels were not meant to have sealed bearings... at least not the way they were "moded" for them. The rear wheel had the cups pried out with what were probably screwdrivers as you can see deep gauges in the cup outer surfaces. The bearings were toast and there wasn't even a spacer that is 100% necessary for sealed bearing conversion. You can completely push the bearing out with YOUR FINGERS because whoever did the conversion used a DREMEL to make enough room for the sealed bearing to slide in. Terrible job, fucking terrible. I'm sending the wheels back and hope I get my money back. Do not attempt to buy anything from him OR Carter Denny (they will say they are not in business together but Tyler's paypal clearly says "Pisch and Denny Mopeds") they will either rip you off or send you some bullshit fucked up part. BUYER BEWARE. - iamcrkt
- Notes: Tyler Pisch has attempted to censor this page to remove claims against himself.
- AKA: negativecweep
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Another one ripped me off on $85.00 for a bottom end e50 and a pinto seat. great guy emailed a few times got the money to him and never heard from him again. thanks for contributing to ruining the hobby - Braddd123
- Notes: "Viv Ache" (negativecweep) has attempted to censor this page to remove claims against himself.
- AKA: demsin79
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Port Saint Lucie
- SHIPPING OVERCHARGING AND PRICE BENDING: Sold me Motobecane Malossy Variotop (original thread for reference http://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/demsin79/). He was selling it with extra weights for $160-165 shipped in US. Quoted me $32 for shipping to Canada and after negotiations we agreed on the total price of $190 (he wanted $200 at first!). He promised to refund the difference if the shipping was cheaper. He shipped it for $11.60 without tracking # and refused to refund the difference telling me that: “You live in Canada and that changed things.” So, it changed the price for the part and price for shipping? Simple calculation: starting price ($165) minus max for shipping in US (about $7) equals to $158 profit. For $190 shipped got profit of $178.4 – just ripped another 20 bucks off me for used variator (even with extra weights)! As for the part – it’s in good used condition, but not excellent as stated in description: it has a few scratches on cheeks and tool-marks from mounting-dismounting, shaft has a blue spot from overheating and the ID of bushing is well worn. Liar. People beware! - Matt S
- In Response To The Above Crap: I get an email from this guy saying he wants to buy the variotop + weights for $165 shipped. He explained he was in Canada. I said shipping would be an approx. amount because I looked it up on my phone quick. If anyone has ever shipped to Canada you know there are papers and shipping anything over 4lbs is expensive as hell. The amount I gave was a medium international flatrate box for $32.95 and shipping priority was ~$36. I shipped it as a parcel because it was cheaper @$12. The paypal fee was $8, so the shipping and fee was ~$20.
I have way to many good selling experiences to let one guy crying over $10 bring me down. Whatevs..I wont ship to Canada ever again because of this idiot.
I also marked the item as a gift instructed by him. I'm sure there is a gain by doing that and he wouldn't tell me what it is. If so then he really has nothing to complain about.
I just went onto the Canadian Customs site and it states there is a tax of $8.50. Just by me marking it as a gift he saved that money. He wouldn't tell you that though because that would mean I didn't rip him off at all. Go cry about $2.50 man, get a hobby. - Weak-Ends TJ
- In Response To The Above Nonsense You have an obvious problem with logic. I guess, I can call you an idiot too... You never refunded MY money. It doesn’t matter, $2.5 or $20… Taking money and not returning called "I didn't rip him off at all" from now on. You just proved with your own words that you don’t know what the honesty is. - Matt S
- Matt S, Explain how the customs tax works and tell everyone the money you saved and I'll refund you $2.50. You are butt hurt that you got a practically brand new variotop(I'm sure it is working seamlessly for you) w/weights for cheap. Look at all the emails between you and I. I still have them if you want me to show that we agreed on $190 shipped. Shipping it with tracking number like I said was $36, which I thought it would be $32+tax and I would have had to payed the extra. I know you would not pay the extra would you? You got it none the less cry baby. - Weak-Ends TJ
- Weak-Ends TJ, Ok, you want the explanation on customs tax? Here it is: when you get NEW goods from international destinations you might get charged by Canadian customs for applicable taxes (lots of exceptions here). In case when you buy USED things from private sellers (opposed to commercial vendors) buyer is not getting charged. But, as a rule, I ask ALL sellers from US to mark my parcels as a gift just in case (customs officers have bad days too). Prove me wrong on that one, if you are so good in searching Canada Customs site.
Next: we agreed on $190 total only because of $32 shipping. Prove me wrong on that one…
If you messed up with the quote – let the buyer know first (instead of assuming that I won’t pay an extra $, you’ve never asked), before making a decision to ship it the cheapest way possible and keeping extra $20.
As for Paypal fees BS – if you not satisfied with profit from your sale, incorporate all the extra fees in the starting price, don’t feed me with that crap after you messed up.
I won’t remove the bad feedback from here if you don’t refund all the difference you owe me. $20 will do. - Matt S