From Moped Wiki
Common engine parts include:
- An intake for taking in fuel and air, and an exhaust to release the spent mixture.
- A piston, which moves up and down through the engine's top end, compressing the fuel/air mixture.
- Some form of ports or valves for controlling the fuel/air mixture and the exhaust.
- An engine head, which seals the top of the cylinder. This contains the spark plug threads, and, in 4-stroke engines, the valves.
- A bottom end, where the connecting rod drives the shaft which is connected to the transmission.
|This article is a stub.|
|You can help the Moped Wiki by expanding it.|