Mopeds in movies
From Moped Wiki
This page is intended to be a list of representations of mopeds in mainstream and alternative movies.
Mopeds in movies (in chronological order)
- Help! (1965) 
- A 3 wheeled cargo moped with knife sharpening attachment is seen in the beginning of the movie.
- Ski Party (1965) 
- There is a chase scene involving a moped.
- Jaws (1975) 
- When panning to the beach in the beginning. A boy pushes past a red moped.
- Apocalypse Now (1979) 
- During the famous "Flight of the Valkyries" raid scene, a black Velosolex can be seen leaning against a stone wall.
- Xanadu (1980) 
- Dude rides a Vespa Grande to chase down a rollerbabe.
- Midnight Madness (1980) 
- The white (nerd) team rides mopeds as their team vehicle.
- Diva (1981) 
- Main character rides around on a yellow Motobecane 88 LC (?) , then gets chased by a car through Paris and a subway on a ‘race’ Malaguti Firebird.
- Tron (1982) 
- A moped is shown in the distance and then zooms by the arcade
- Risky Business (1983) 
- There are multiple mopeds throughout the movie.
- Strange Brew (1983) 
- Jean "Rosie" LeRose, a fictional hockey player, rides a Vespa Grande moped.
- National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) 
- Middle of movie, a yellow moped is in the background when the family is having a picnic.
- War Games (1983) 
- Matthew Broderick's girlfriend rides a Derbi moped.
- The Jewel of the Nile (1985) 
- Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner almost run over a guy on a moped with a fighter jet.
- The Dirt Bike Kid (1985) 
- Shows two girls on Honda Express's flirting with the main kids best friend while he is trying to show off on his friends yz80.
- The Manhattan Project (1986)
- People riding mopeds meet up with a teen that made an atomic bomb with plutonium stolen from a scientist dating his mom.
- Parenthood (1989) 
- Two mopeds parked on the grass of a college campus during a dream Steve Martin has about his son.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 
- The pizza deliveryman rides a moped.
- Night on Earth (1991) 
- Three mopeds, including an Italian moped, are visible in a scene set in Rome.
- Amos & Andrew (1993) 
- The pizza delivery girl rides a blue Sears Free Spirit 1 to deliver pizza to Nicholas Cage.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000- Laserblast
- Season 8, Episode 6, (1996) : A red Batavus VA50 is ridden and can be seen in several scenes.
- Run Lola Run (1998) 
- Lola has her moped stolen when she is supposed to pick up her boyfriend Manni.
The New Millennium
- American Pie 2 (2001) 
- Features a Velosolex 6000. Stifferman's brother rides a moped, others shout, "A moped!"
- Sex and Lucia (Lucía y el Sexo) (2001) 
- Lucia uses a moped to get around on a small island.
- The Dangerous Lives of Alter boys (2002) 
- Sister Assumpta rides a flat green honda PA50 II, also, on the back of one of the kids comics right before that scene, there is an ad for a moped.
- Spiderman II (2004) 
- Peter Parker delivers pizzas on a yellow Puch Newport. The moped is crushed by a speeding car. Later he is working on it in his apartment and his wheel bounces out of his window. Here's an old post from the forums about the mopeds used in this movie.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) 
- Modified red Velosolex mopeds are used to post flyers citywide.
- Syriana (2005) 
- Several mopeds can be seen parked as the camera follows a taxi through the streets of Beirut, Lebanon. These mopeds appear to be mostly Motobecane or Peugeot. Most of these mopeds modified with a padded seat on the luggage rack for passengers.
- Little Athens (2005) 
- a few scenes of a faded blue 1950's? Mobylette? 1st scene is of a boy peddling the moped near a public pool with the kickstand upright. another is of the character Corey selling it to a friend for rent, who rides it around hap-hazardly for a spell, who also purchases it, and gives Corey a ride back.
- Batman Begins (2006) 
- Two or three mopeds of unknown make can be seen driving through an ally in the rain at the beginning of the scene where Batman meets the Scarecrow for the first time.
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006) 
- When the father's van breaks down he borrows a Puch maxi to ride 23 miles and confront his business partner.
- Live Free or Die (2006) 
- The cover shows two men riding double on a 60's Puch Allstate, but it is never appears in the movie. Nearing the end of the movie Rugged rides a Columbia Commuter and Lagrand rides red Motomarina Sebring. Earlier in the movie a Puch Maxi, Motomarina Sebring, and Pacer can be seen as Rugged's landlord wrenches on one.
- Into The Wild (2007) 
- A man is seen wrenching on an worn blue Rizzato Calliffo in the camper park.
- Rendition (2007) 
- Just hundreds and hundreds of mopeds. Too many to count. The character Khalid rides a black Motobecane throughout the film.
- Be Kind Rewind (2008) 
- Starring Jack Black/Mos Def. The junkyard owner, Wilson, takes off on a Maroon Puch Maxi.
- You Don't Mess With The Zohan (2008) 
- Early in the movie, a Puch Magnum can be seen parked in front of a Vespa in the background.
- Get Smart (2008) 
- In approximately the middle of the movie right before they take off in the Ferrari a moped is seen propped up against a building amongst a few other bicycles.
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttom (2008) 
- Near the end of the film the main character rides a red Honda cub or Motobecane while traveling in India.
- Milk (2008)
- Within the first 15 minutes of the film there is a full-screen picture of a nun riding a Vespa Ciao through the streets of San Francisco.
- Body Of Lies (2008) 
- Around 16 minutes in a number of vintage mopeds can be seen parked along the streets along with a few later on. An informant is injured by gunfire while pedaling away on a Peugeot 103. Most of the mopeds seen are older Motobecane or Peugeot models including av88s, 50v's and 103s.
- Crank 2
- High Voltage (2008) : Turrets rides some sort of moped with a Tomos A55 exhaust to rescue Chevy Chelios.