Hopefully each one of these shops will create a separate wiki page to elaborate on what they offer but this will serve as a quick list of moped shop websites.
If you're looking for tire suppliers, check out the tires page.
Moped Repair Shops
These shops have physical locations where you can take your moped to be worked on, or have it repaired. Please note that not all shops work on all brands and years of mopeds. Please contact the shop by phone, visit their website, or shoot them an email to see if they can work on your moped before you bring it in.
- 1977 Mopeds is the largest online parts store in the US. They offer parts for Puch, Minarelli, Sachs, Motobecane, Puegeot, Garelli, Vespa, and many more. Check out the website, or give them a call at 800-965-1977. Check them out locally offering parts, vintage and new mopeds, and excellent repair service. Started in Kalamazoo, Michigan by Moped Army co-founder Daniel Kastner, and staffed by Moped Army members.
- Contact: 248 N Burdick St. / Kalamazoo MI, 49007. (269) 344.1977. Website number (for information on web orders): (415)355.1976
- Moped shop run by Beamer Wilkins, and Lester Chiu of the Moped Army branch Hells Bombshells.
Location: Austin, TX
- Contact: 3222 East 5th Street, Unit 131A / Austin, TX 78702. (512) 389-0189
- Solex/Velosolex repairs - New York - specializing in rebuilding Solex engines
- Contact: Velosolex3800@aol.com (973)-919-7443
- Honest mechanics and quality espresso.
- Contact: 4157 Normal Ave. / Los Angeles, CA. 90029. (323) 662.4653
- This place has been selling and repairing used mopeds for over 20 years. I'm told that the guy is an expert in Motobecanes. There isn't much moped related info on the site, but if you're nearby you should look him up.
- Location: Foxborough, MA. Call (508) 543.0490 for store hours and directions.
- An Indiana moped dealer selling new Tomos mopeds, as well as a back stock of moped parts and accessories. They also bore moped cylinders.
- Contact: 1413 East Street / North Manchester, IN 46962. (260) 982.6817 or (260) 982.0707
- A vintage moped shop in Elkhart Indiana, owned by Devin Biek of Motion Left. They deal mainly in vintage bikes but parts are available as well, dedicated to refurbishing and "souping up" vintage mopeds, always trying to set new and higher standards for themselves. The website's not complete yet but it is in progress. call 574-849-1684 they buy, sell and repair vintage bikes. Motion Left is not only a moped shop or a branch but a leftist front for peaceful action against suburbanites in SUV's and Hummers, selling bikes at reasonable costs as a pre-emptive strike against big oil and the corporate worlds's mode of transportation. LEFT TO THE FUTURE.
- Contact: 309.5 N Noppanee St / Elkhart, IN 46514. (574) 849.1684
- Southern California's source for mopeds, parts, and service. Also check out Myron's Moped Run and the general moped information they have on the site.
- Contact: 1879 W Commonwealth Ave, Unit L / Fullerton, CA 92833. (714) 992.5592
- Portland Oregon's moped shop. Selling New Tomos mopeds and refurbished vintage mopeds and scooters. Experienced moped repairs by Eric Sabatino of the Moped Army branch Puddle Cutters.
- Contact: 3347 SE Division St/ Portland, OR 97202. (503) 241.4745
- These friendly people buy and sell used mopeds, along with some moped parts and accessories. They also sell new Tomos mopeds. No online ordering, but you can email and telephone.
- Contact: 12 N. Few St. / Madison, WI 53703. (608) 255.1520
- Seattle Mopeds is the only moped-only dealership and repair shop in the Pacific Northwest. They feature new and vintage mopeds, professional repair and maintenance, new and used parts/accessories, as well as performance parts from around the world. Seattle Mopeds Myspace
- Contact: 265 NE 45th Street / Seattle WA 98105. (206) 545.PEDS (545.7337)
- A good resource for almost all of the current moped brands.
- Contact: 2427 Bridge Avenue / Point Pleasant, NJ 08742. (732) 295.4200
- Vintage, new, and custom moped sales, service, and repair. Mashing rigid mopeds in the windy city.
- Contact: 2123 N. Milwaukee Ave. / Chicago, IL 60647. (773) 235.1981
Parts Vendors with Online Catalog and Ordering
All these stores have online parts catalogs and accept online orders. It is a common experience to wait weeks for moped parts; it's just a part of the hobby. Thanks to many of these vendors, parts are now available that were previously only accessibly by hunting down local moped caches or having connections. Be patient, be kind, and when all else fails, call them on the telephone during their hours of operation.
Domestic Parts Vendors
Shops/Operations within the United States
- 1977 Mopeds is the largest online parts store in the US. They offer parts for Puch, Minarelli, Sachs, Motobecane, Peugeot, Garelli, Vespa, and many more. Check out the website, or give them a call at 800-965-1977. Check them out locally offering parts, vintage and new mopeds, and excellent repair service. Started in Kalamazoo, Michigan by Moped Army co-founder Daniel Kastner, and staffed by Moped Army members.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- A small assortment of important and reasonably-priced moped parts.
- Location: Madison, WI
- Check out the "Moped Parts" category in this Ebay store!
- Known mainly as a Kinetic distributor, they also sell scooters, parts, and accessories. Full online ordering and a handy moped dealer list.
- Location: Hatboro, PA
- If you need a new Dellorto carb or Dellorto carb parts, look no further than this 1977-family company.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Fat City Moped Parts specializes in Vespa and Sachs parts. Have a huge salvage inventory or Vespa and Sachs parts, plus direct supply from Germany and Italy for Sachs and Vespa only. Also does engine rebuilds for Sachs and Vespa. Primary operation is parts, also does restoration of Sachs and Vespa only. Only place in America to get oversize bored Sachs cylinders and Bing carb parts for Sachs. Lots of standard replacement parts; pedal cranks, rings, seals and gaskets, driveline parts, etc. Webstore "fatcitymopedparts.com". Cool T-shirts.
- Location: Hartland, WI (Not a real shop. All business is conducted via the interwebs.)
- Handy Bikes is one of, if not the largest distributor of moped parts in the US. They also sell new Hero-Majestic mopeds. If you need anything, call Handy Bikes. Online ordering can be done through their Moped Showroom site or through email. They have much more for sale than what is on their website. Handy Bikes on Ebay
- Location: Columbus, OH
- Heeters sells a variety of performance parts and moped accessories, as well as new Tomos mopeds.
- Location: North Manchester, IN
- Ike, a regular contributor to the forum, is now an official Tomos dealer. Along with the latest that Tomos has to offer you'll find a variety of used mopeds and moped parts. The website has photos and information on the mopeds, but you'll have to contact them for the parts information. Ike's Bikes on Ebay
- Location: Georgetown, OH
- Looking for some Malossi (and other) performance parts? Give this 1977-family site a click-see.
- Location: San Francisco, CA (?)
- Buys and sells Tomos mopeds. Tons of parts not listed. Give them a call if you are looking for a hard-to-find part.
- Location: Tallmadge, OH
- Specializing in powdercoating and custom mopeds, this shop also does wheel bearing conversions and builds amazing pipes. Run by Landsquids Nate and Rafter.
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Specializing in all kinds of new moped parts! World wide shipping, and great prices!!! The Moped Recyclers on Ebay
- Location: Akron, OH
- Moped Warehouse is the largest online parts store in the US. We are also a real Brick and Mortar business featuring a huge selection of NOS, aftermarket, and performance parts and accessories for all makes of mopeds. Secure online ordering, phone orders and walk ins welcome. New, used, and rebuildable mopeds available. State of the art repair and machine shop, turning, milling, all forms of welding, powder coating, media blasting, fabrication etc. 20 years intense hands on experience in the moped industry. Telephone tech support available.
- Contact: 380 N. Midland Ave. / Saddle Brook, NJ 07663. Please see website for e-mail contact info.
- At MopedStore.org you can shop new and used mopeds, scooters and parts. You can also subscribe to RSS feeds to be notified as new mopeds & parts are listed. Note: This site only lists parts and mopeds available on other sites, such as Ebay.
- Motor West is an excellent source for older Puch and Sears/Allstate parts.
- Location: Milwaukee, WI
- "Your one-stop shop for those vintage and hard-to-find 2 stroke parts!" Has parts for Puch, Tomos, Derbi, Honda MB5, Yamaha, and more.
- Location: Noblesville, IN
- Sells new moped parts online. If you're looking for a specific part, ask them! They are always willing to help.
- Location: Kalamazoo, MI
- Online dealer of Tomos parts. Parts diagrams are available for most models and are large and easy to read
- Tomos and Avanti dealer. Also parts and accessories for different moped brands. Online ordering available.
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
- Perhaps the best online parts catalogs available. Parts and accessories for a wide variety of moped brands, as well as online schematics. Online ordering available.
- Location: Ocean City, MD
- Ebay store with tons of parts and awesome/super quick service. Knowledgeable and you can ask anything and he'll try his best to help out.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Moped, ATV and dirt bike shop on Indianapolis' southeast side. Tons of stuff piled in the back that they'll always let you dig through, and generally a few running peds. Older owner is particularly knowledgeable about mopeds, though it is not his focus.
- 128 Main St, Beech Grove, IN
- (317) 787.7142
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- specializing in parts for the Solex S 3800
- Location: Utah
- Sells a wide range of Vespa and Kinetic parts.
- Location: Cupertino, CA
Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki Parts Vendors
Asian bikes are special.
- Specializes in Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki parts. Shoot them a message to see if they've got what you need.
- Sells Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha noped parts and has some handy diagrams. Note: you might have to search under "motorcycle" to find the model you're looking for.
- Location: Joliet, IL
- You can supposedly buy performance parts for the Yamaha QT50 here.
- Location: Alanson, MI
- Has Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki parts.
- Location: Hammond, IN
- NOTE: Go to their OEM Parts section, select Motorcycles and Honda - They have PA50 I, PA50 II, NC50, NA50 and a web-viewable parts manual!
- Location: Murrieta, CA
- Yet another source for all your Honda and Yamaha needs!
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
Overseas Parts Vendors
These vendors have headquarters outside of the United States
- A great international source for performance parts. Good prices too.
- Location: The Netherlands
- Honda specialist, but they also stock parts for Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and other manufacturers.
- Location: Lelystad, The Netherlands
- Although most of the parts on this site seem to be for scooters, they do have tires, grips, and probably some other stuff that will work on mopeds.
- Location: De Rijp, The Netherlands
- Stocks a variety of spares for Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Lambertta and Vespa. Old and new, domestic and import.
- Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
- A good source for Motobecane performance parts.
- Location: France
- Inexpensive parts, great service (quick replies to e-mails) and great quality parts for Puch, Vespa/Piaggio, Kreidler, and Zundapp. Sells mainly to the US, but also Canada, Mexico, and surrounding countries.
- Location: The Netherlands
- Sells a lot of parts for most European mopeds. Ships to all over the world. They have a lot and the service is good. Note: This site is written in German.
- Location: Germany
- Carries parts for Tomos, Vespa, Yamaha, and Puch (Allstate models).
- Location: The Netherlands
- French website that sells an abundance of performance parts for Motobecanes and Peugeots. Unfortunately it is somewhat hard to navigate because everything is in French, but if you spend some time clicking on links you can figure it out by the pictures. They do not speak English, so when emailing them, you must use an online translator to convert your text into French beforehand, and it helps to email them with both the English and French versions of your text. Although the language barrier is an obstacle, they are very friendly and you will find that you can get what you need to make your French bike scream!
- Location: France
- Sells new and used Jawa mopeds, parts, and accessories.
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- A French website that sells parts (performance or otherwise) for Solex, Motobecane, Peugeot, and possibly some other parts too.
- Location: France (?)
- Another French website dedicated to Solex, Motobecane, and Peugeot parts.
- Location: Mazille, France
- A huge selection of pattern motorcycle parts for Japanese and European models from 1970's onwards. Worldwide shipping.
- Location: Brighton & Hove, UK
Parts Vendors with Phone or Mail Ordering
These vendors do NOT offer online ordering, but you can call or e-mail them to see if they've got what you need.
- Primarily a scooter dealer, AAA also sells Tomos mopeds. No online ordering, but you can email or telephone.
- Location: Miami, FL
- If you want high performance Italian parts, this is the place. Much of it is for scooters, though. No online ordering, but you can email.
- Location: Padova, Italy
- If you're looking for Bing parts, particularly RARE Bing parts that you can't find anywhere else, call, fax or shoot an e-mail to these guys.
- Location: Council Grove, KS
- Sells transfers and decals for vintage European mopeds. Great if you want to fully restore your moped to its former glory. They also offer batch production. No online ordering, but you can email or telephone.
- Location: Glos, England
- Tomos moped dealer. No online ordering, but you can email or telephone.
- Location: Charlottesvile, VA
- A Canadian Tomos dealer.
- Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- This Tomos dealer also sells refurbished vintage mopeds. Also has a variety of moped parts, accessories, and other useful information.
- Location: Toronto, Canada
If you're in the vicinity of one of these shops, you should definitely stop by to see what they've got. If nothing else, you can probably talk mopeds with somebody there, and wouldn't that make the drive worth it anyway?
- New mopeds and a good sized salvage yard full of used parts. Not much on the website, but probably good to stop by and rummage through the old stuff.
- Location: Elkhart, IN
- Don't be fooled by the name because Bob sells mopeds too.
- Location: Findlay, OH
- This is a wonderful salvage yard. Its almost like Bills mopeds but they have a huge variety, and not just mopeds, but ATVS, Motorcycles, snowmobiles, dirtbikes, and much much more. if you live in Michigan this is a real treat you could end up spending hours out here. well worth the drive..
- Location: Yale, MI
Avoid Like the Plague!!
These vendors have been known to run sham operations and consistently screw customers over. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!
- Just don't do it! According to this thread, they went out of business a while back but are still taking people's money for online orders (and not shipping parts, of course).
- If you're looking for parts for Sparta mopeds, this is the place to NOT get them. The Ebay seller "Spartamoped" (Brian Minetree) has screwed over multiple forum users with his scams, and he's clever enough about doing it that it's hard to get Ebay or Paypal to care. (See this discussion for an example.) You have been warned.