Robert Mosurinjohn, more commonly known to the moped community by the name Targaped, (also known as Olympian or Zizz, and most recently, "Yucka Plant") is one of the most prolific abusers of the Moped Army forums.
Targaped (Robert Mosurinjohn) started his time on the forums with a post detailing the 7,500 mile journey across Canada that he had recently completed. This was initially greeted with relative enthusiasm, although respect for his story began to wane after Targaped kept bumping the thread. A few individuals asked him to stop bumping it, saying that it was getting old, but Targaped could not comply with their request for more than a week at a time. His habit of posting often rambling and un-related sentences in the "author" and "subject" lines (instead of listing an author and subject) also began to annoy other forum user
Targaped responds: I did not abuse the forum.
Targaped's posts generally have the following characteristics:
- Uses the subject line as either an extension of the title or the beginning of the post body
- Says lots of good things about Tomos mopeds, especially the oil injectors
- Has reasonably good grammar and spelling
- Occasionally posts gibberish or things that are completely off-topic and nonsensical, or may contain only a period (.), comma, semi colon, exclamation mark, etc.
- Make religious (Christian) references relating to smiting us all.
- Acting like a child, despite his age.
Targaped responds: If acting like a child is telling people than insults are not polite then I acted like a child.
How to Deal with Targaped Encounters
I G N O R E T H E M !
Have we made ourselves clear? You accomplish NOTHING by arguing. Responding to his posts only bumps them back up to the top where everyone has to look at them, and frankly, that's counterproductive. If you MUST respond to something he has said, please use the talk page of this article to express your feelings.
Discussions about Targaped
The following two lists are only a tiny percentage of the threads started by Targaped or about Targaped. Searching for threads pertinent to this section is very difficult for two reasons. First, the majority of his spam/conspiracy theory posts have been deleted from the forums. Second, Targaped's trademark of posting under many "author" names means you would have to know all of those names (many of which are nonsensical and convoluted) to find the desired information.
- A way to contain all the Targaped drama so it wouldn't poison the forums. Also a good summary of people's feelings about Targaped.
- An excellent tutorial written by Harold on how to deal with the Targaped (and other troll) situations.
- Another excellent tutorial, this time written by Nate Bandit, in response to the Targaped situation
- After finding out about this article, Targaped retaliated by vandalizing the Moped Wiki. His "contributions" can be seen here and here.
- An attempt by forum users to get search engine results for Targaped's real name to show the damage he has done to the forums and wiki.
Discussions Started by Targaped
- One of the threads that started it all.
- A random spam/conspiracy theory discussion.
- Targaped wants Harold's word that this article will stay deleted, which is not something within Harold's powers as moderator
- An angry random spam/conspiracy theory discussion about deleting this wiki article
- Another (spam) post saying the same thing as the link above
- Targaped's version of this article (posted in the Buy/Sell forum where Harold can't delete it)
- A repeat of the above discussion, except in the Repair forum (again where Harold can't delete it)
- One of Targaped's somewhat helpful discussions in the repair forum
- Senseless Targaped ramblings/conspiracy theories in the repair forum
- Conspiracy theories on moderation ... once again by Targaped.
- Targaped makes a confusing and unhelpful post sure to mix up any newbies reading the boards.
- His love of the manual for any and all problems shines through.
- Indeed, a third post about octane. Really, we couldn't make this stuff up if we tried.
- This thread was not started by Targaped, but it has a nice list of many threads started by him
To repeat: This is but a small fraction of the posts created by Robert Mosurinjohn.