The Yamaha RD60 is a 55cc, single cylinder, two stroke, street motorcycle manufactured by Yamaha and imported from 1973 through 1975. Production numbers were: 1973 RD60 - 2,440; 1974 RD60A - 3,170; 1975 RD60B - 6,170. The RD60 was the junior member of the Yamaha RD Series. It has an Autolube oiling system, which is an oil pump that is actuated by the throttle cable. Users have reported these failing and recommend to run premix. It is also "Torque Inducted" (uses reeds).
- Weight: 163 Lbs.
- Maximum speed: 53 MPH
- Stock Redline: 10k RPM
- Bore and stroke: 42 x 39.7 mm
- Displacement: 55cc
- Compression ratio: 6.9:1
- Horsepower: ~4HP
- Transmission: 5 speeds manual
- Stock gearing: 420x106 chain, 13T x 42T sprockets
- Spark Plug: B7ES
- Battery: Yuasa 6N4A-4D (6V, 0.4A, 4Ah, 61mm x 57mm x 131mm, 1.7lb, 6.8oz acid)
- Carburetor: bolt-on Mikuni VM15
- Length: 72"
- Width: 24.8 "
- Height: 38"
- Wheel Base: 46.7"
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 Gallons
- Autolube oil capacity 1.1 quart.
- Tire Size: 2.50 x 17 front and rear.
Repair and Maintenance
See exteral links at bottom for parts and parts diagrams.
Rebuild and Parts Availability
-The RD50 and 60 have nearly interchangeable parts, and Blake of Doscycles confirms that the DT50 MX has a similar bottom end here. There are also many parts that overlap with the GT50 and GT80, as well as the YZ series. YMMV.
- Treatland has a small section of upgrades.
- Additionally, Dos has this Athena kit.
- At some point, Homoet made a clear-coat pipe that looks pretty nice.
- Stock carburetor is a bolt-on Mikuni VM15.
- RD60 wiki page and photos at CycleChaos
- Yamaha Aircooled Club - mostly bigger RD bikes
- CSMNL exploded parts list
- UK parts distributer, great selection but $$$
- Youtube engine rebuild video
Compiled from user Joey P, Timtuff. Original thread here.